What can I use this for?

Corwin

Basins for laundry coppers, brick or stone around the outside & top (paperclay or polyclay) to make a well in a garden, cut down one side, upholster & glue oval beads to the bottom for feet to make club chairs.

THANK YOU for the corkboard suggestion! That's more along the lines of what I was thinking of, but having too senior a moment to "see" it!

The freebie junkmail "credit" cards (besides spreading spackle, which I use them for now).

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do 'grout line in paer clay. Cut the in to ity bity pieces in the shapes of stones, paint, and have a stone floor or walkway.

Kinder surprise eggs (i have to many to count.)

Holly don't you like my barstool design? Upholster, and add a corkscrew, for the leg, and maybe a washer for the base and instant (almost) Retro.

Corwin, your barstool idea is fine, but I was looking for an excuse to cut the corks up and make something in quantities (stick 'em in packages when I swap stuff & fill commissions, etc); besides, I've made the barstools I needed for my pub, and the corks would have been too big!lol

I like the idea of the pavers from those pesky cards; I broke down and got a set of plastic putty knives I like MUCH better for spreading & texturing spackling compound.

Kinder Eggs' pointier halves can be used for commode stool (toilet) bowls and the rounder halves can become outdoor firepits, Retro shades for globe-lights and to shape the bottoms of chimnereas.

Toothpaste cap lampshades actually LOOK LIKE toothpaste cap lampshades. Use them for 1:24 scale wastepaper baskets or wee vases (painted colors & decorated).

Fancy screw=in picture hooks? I found a cache of them and they look too big for 1:12 scale, but I can't stand to throw them out if there's any hope for them!

If your talking about, those little eye hooks, why not use them n a shed t hang up toolls, if you don't like the brass/silver look of them, pant them with model paint. (I painted my brass outdoor lams, black, and they look sharp)

8 inch long beaded book mark

(with seed beads)

No, these are fairly largish ornamental "J"-shaped hooks that screw into the wall and stick out. People use them to hang suncatchers, potted plants in macrame holders, etc. I have simulated them in mini with the screw-in eyelets. I was hoping someone could come up with something other than the walk-in kitchen fireplace pot-hook type thing, which this would be too short for in one dimension and too big for in another; but I hate to just throw them away!

You can still use those for a garden hook thingies, make a gardeners shack, and hold tools,etc, If they are too long, cut them down with tin snips. or bend them with plyers :banana:

Or they could be Shelf brackets.

if turned the right way.

8 inch long beaded book mark

(with seed beads)

If we can't think of an item to ask how to use can we still suggest uses for the items asked about? If not, ignore this, but I can think of at least two uses for the beaded bookmark. If the beads are woven together to make the bookmark you can hang it horizontally like an awning along the top edge of a bay window, or cut the thread/ wire and use the loose beads to make a bead curtain, trivets, etc. If they're sewn to a length of ribbon or fabric, cut it into sections and use it in panels either on a wall or for curtains, or remove the beads as suggested above and press the ribbon/ fabric to remove the stitching holes and recycle the ribbon or fabric as small scatter rugs, a short runner for steps or a valance, panels for a divider screen, etc.

the metal spring could be used for those toys that sort of pops out of boxes???

Or if you make an office chair (where you also could use the pizza table thingy I think as a base and dress it up real nice, cutting of two of the legs and use the others as the back sides) you could coil the metal spring around the dowel you use for "leg"

chenille stems?

Hugs

Pizza support tables: 1:12 low stools (with cushioned seats); 1:24 patio tables.

Metal springs (also the ones inside dried-out retractable ballpoint pens) are also useful for bending very narrow diameter metal tubing without crimping.

Chenille stems: (green ones)Christmas trees, wreaths. other colors: small fuzzy animals, like teddy bears; wiring poseable full-body sculpt dolls, doubled for doll armatures.

Narrow plastic hair curlers (the kind you wrap rubber bands around to hold in place)?

Give the chalk to the real children, send them down into the basement (or backyard patio) to play with it, making hop scotch thingys on the floor(mops off easily later) This way, you can have a cup of tea, and have some spare time to play with your minis.

Cut them apart and flatten them out for drop-cloths (full size for the workroom or mini for a dh work scene). Cut into strips and crochet together to make a padded jar wrench or anti-fatigue mat to stand on whilst mini-ing.

Grate the chalks and use as coloring agents (although in those particular colors, who cares? Whereas regular orange & blue, woo-hoo! ('Gator colors!)

The plastic bags can be cut down to size, seared together with a lighter, or dry tip of a glue gun, to make bags for the mini cans. They look very realistic. Also, backing for shower curtains, with lace double back taped to them. Plastic bags come in many colors.

How about the plastic pillars that hold up, tiers of wedding cake? I've had a dozen given to me. They are tapered, white and 6 inches tall.

Cut the cake pillars down to size, add a round top and you've got pedestal stands for a plant, sculpture, etc..a larger round top and you've got a table. Turn them around ( tapered end down) cute in shorter lengths can be an outdoor planter.

Half a dozen 3/4" yellow plastic grommets

I buy plastic cake pillars, the ones I don't actually use as pillars make nice statuary bases. The 6" ones would be especially useful for 1:24 scale temple ruins.

Could the grommets work as Retro snapshot frames? or glue two of them together with a metallic beed on top & three seed beads on the bottom for a psychedelic alarmclock?

Good ideas on the grommets, guys! I know there's uses for those things!

Bic Pens... aside from the intended purpose (mark cut lines for anything you want cut to size).. shower curtain rod, plumbing pipes, lamp pole, small tree trunk (white birch maybe?)

Screws (various sizes)

Do i always half t start the next ne? I want t awnser one, holly keeps taking my ideas.

Yellow gromits, 60's retro, backplates for doors.

Bic Pen

Sorry, Corwin, I'll drop out of this topic, then. I can usually think of several uses for found things, and there aren't many items I can't think of a mini use for, so I'll go link off into a corner & watch paint dry.

Paint chips, like the sample cards from home improvement stores-instant drawer liners

Backing for shelves and cabinets instead of real or molded bead board,placemats, picture frame mattes, pages for mini scrap or photo books, pages for greeting cards , stock to glue printable minis on.

Very thick knit print fabric?