Miniature.com site problems?

Lisa_F

Has anyone else tried going to miniatures.com tonight? I've been trying off & on unsuccessfully for the last few hours (I want a peek at the Adams dollhouse if they have it up now) but everytime I go to the site, the home page is mostly blank with a red "hi" in the middle of it. When I click on the links on the sidebar (components, furniture, etc) I just get another mostly blank page... Anyone else having problems accessing the site?

Thanks for the warning! This sorta delays my shopping for wine jugs for the log cabin, but I don't like taking chances-sure hope they don't keep any records of our credit card numbers on the sight, if this indeed is a hacking! Scary stuff, what puter hackers can do!

Thanks for the warning! This sorta delays my shopping for wine jugs for the log cabin, but I don't like taking chances-sure hope they don't keep any records of our credit card numbers on the sight, if this indeed is a hacking! Scary stuff, what puter hackers can do!

From my understanding, they don't keep credit card numbers on file. I think I have always had to re-enter the number. I hope so!

I also have been having problems getting on the site and Im going through serious withdrawals. I usually love to window shop. That Hi at the top is creepy. Thankfully, they dont keep credit card numbers on their site. You always have to reenter them. I should know because I order continiously from them..lol I hope they resolve this soon, I had plans to place an order in a few days. What kind of monster would hack a miniatures site??? So sad.

So that's what it was! Last night around 9:15, we got a pop up that our system had caught something, it said something about a Trojan. I was on a few sites at the time, so I shut them all down and didn't know which one is was. I ran a scan and everything seemed o.k., but then, when it comes to computers I only know what my DD, DH or (dear)computer tells me! :p

Hope they can recover from whatever problem it may be! Who is going to the brave one to try the site, and let us know when it's safe to go back? :photo:

So that's what it was! Last night around 9:15, we got a pop up that our system had caught something, it said something about a Trojan. I was on a few sites at the time, so I shut them all down and didn't know which one is was. I ran a scan and everything seemed o.k., but then, when it comes to computers I only know what my DD, DH or (dear)computer tells me! :(

Hope they can recover from whatever problem it may be! Who is going to the brave one to try the site, and let us know when it's safe to go back? :(

Im going to keep tabs on the site. I have a program installed that blocks anything they can throw at me. Ive gone to it several times today and its still the same. Ill post if it changes. I was thinking of emailing Harry but Im going to give it a little while longer before I do.

They don't have a big IT department. Last year at this time it was one woman who I think had other responsibilities as well. We may have to be very patient. The question is: what happened to their data? If the whole site needs to be rebuilt, it could take a very long time.

Now I REALLY want the new paper catalog!

Im going to keep tabs on the site. I have a program installed that blocks anything they can throw at me. Ive gone to it several times today and its still the same. Ill post if it changes. I was thinking of emailing Harry but Im going to give it a little while longer before I do.

Thanks Gina!