Siding the Laurel

I'm considering siding the Laurel I just got from the hubby for Christmas. I'm thinking about making it look like a traditional farmhouse with the clapboard siding. Problem is, I've never worked with siding before...I've only got one build under my belt.(Orchid) How many bags of siding should I order? 4? Help! Please tell me if you think this is too ambitious for a newbie like me. Thanks in advance!

I sided my Laurel plus the primrose addition. According to the Greenleaf shop you will need 6 bags of the GL Siding for just the Laurel. I am going to assume the instructions are with the package. I used 1/2" chipboard upholstery tack strip to side mine. I started at the bottom and overlapped each piece a bit going up. There are pictures in my gallery.

Karyn,

I'm working on my first house, and I've finished siding one wall. It takes a long time as there's lots of measuring and cutting (my siding is in individual strips), but I like the results so far. One mistake I made was to go all the way to the edge of the wall without leaving room for the corner molding. Good luck!

Edited by Stenty

Was it a challenge?

Yes, it was, but only cause I made it that way. To explain: I didn't measure. I eye-balled it. I don't recommend doing it that way. Also, the tack strip is only 1/2" wide. A little small to work with.

Holly,

What did you use to pave the Primrose addition? I cut up a vinyl floor tile for my kitchen floor, but I'm not really happy with the results.

I used a vinyl tile, cut up with lightweight spackle for grout. When I was done with it, it had a film on it. I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol. That shined it up. Tracy, Minis the edge, has a tutorial or a link to a tutorial for a similar project using a tile.