New member building the Willow

Stenty

Hi everyone. I just registered, but I've been reading the posts on this site for quite a while. I decided to build a dollhouse after my mum built the Magnolia. I chose the Willow because I love history, and I want to create a 1770's look. I confess that I've been working on it for a looong time. It's been 5 years on and off, mostly off. I'm a teacher, and I work on the dollhouse during my breaks, but I got really frustrated with the wiring and put the project away for a few years. I recently started up again, and I'm currently working on the siding. I hope that joining this community will help me get over the bumps and keep me on track.

Hello and :) Linda!

Keep posting and share your progress with us! I've been working on my Rutherford off and on (mostly off) for 26 years! Joining this forum has been the best thing for keeping me on track. The folks here are wonderful and very willing to help you along, answer any questions you may have, and get you through the rough spots! Just looking through the galleries will give you LOADS of inspiration to keep going with it. Good luck with your Willow, and do share pics when you're able to. We just LOVE eye'candy!

Hello and welcome. One thing nice about dollhouses, they wait until the urge hits us to finish them. For wiring check out the gallery for Darrell's electrification tutorial, it has some real good tips and pictures to help you on your way.

Hi and :D Linda!! I was the same way when I joined the forum. I had been working on the Bayberry Cottage and the Orchid for many years on and off while teaching. I got married and stopped teaching and finished both houses and have built several more in the past year and a half. It is amazing what having some free time can do. Enjoy it!!

B)

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'll post pictures soon. I made some changes to the original design but nothing major. There's still a lot of work left to do, so it may take me a couple more years. :D

Oh, well, you're already acquired some basic mini-ing skills, if youre bashing your kit. When you've made a total of five posts and are alowed to post pictures in the Gallery I'd like to see not only your Willow build, but also your mum's Magnolia. Maggie was the last build I did and so far it & the Glencroft are my favorite houses.

Hi Linda, welcome to the group! :)

I see you've now made 5 posts - you can open your album. We all love to see pics of work-in-progress, not just finished houses. (I'm terrible for not posting pics, but am always begging others to!)