New HBS catalog

Gayle

Despair not, all ye who had not yet received your new catalog, mine just came in today's mail. I'm still browsing, have spotted some HOM & Chrysnbon kits calling my name... Hurry up, next Big Sale!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received my catalog in the mail today. I heard everyone talking about it so checked it out on line over the weekend. thought it would make a great garden shed with a couple tractors. (I love to garden) and lo and behold on the cover was a gardening shed. guess that shoots that idea. :) I'll have to see what else it's calling out to be.

Although I know exactly what I'll do with my Adams, tonight another great idea came to me, so maybe I'll have to buy a second one! :)

My catalog finally came today! Gonna go lay down and make my list for what to buy when taxes get here. I'll be dreaming of minis tonight!

I'm gonna need two of them too. The Adams looks like the house my dad grew up in and I really want to do a reproduction of it. It was a one room log cabin in the Ozarks with a loft and a lean-to kitchen, but since I entered "distressed" in this year's contest, I want to do something different for next year's contest. Therefore I'm gonna need two of them so I can build one for me and one for the contest. Good thing Daddy didn't grow up in a Queen Anne huh! :)

It's a really cute house and I'm delighted that they're bringing it back. It's got a lot of potential!

Deb

Good thing Daddy didn't grow up in a Queen Anne huh!
In the Ozarks? Hmmm. That would be interesting! Sort of along the lines of "the family was poor; the mommy was poor, the daddy was poor, the children were poor, the butler was poor, the housekeeper was poor, the chauffeur was poor, the cook was poor, the upstairs maid was poor. The whole family was poor."

thought it would make a great garden shed with a couple tractors. (I love to garden)
And why can't you make your own garden shed? It certainly doesn't have to look the same!

I'm gonna need two of them too. The Adams looks like the house my dad grew up in and I really want to do a reproduction of it. It was a one room log cabin in the Ozarks with a loft and a lean-to kitchen, but since I entered "distressed" in this year's contest, I want to do something different for next year's contest. Therefore I'm gonna need two of them so I can build one for me and one for the contest. Good thing Daddy didn't grow up in a Queen Anne huh! :)

It's a really cute house and I'm delighted that they're bringing it back. It's got a lot of potential!

Deb

When I first saw this kit, that's what came to mind! You do know what they say about great minds, right? lol! I'd love to see pics of the one you do of your dad's house!

My catalog arrived yesterday. :) I was surprised to see the Adams made up as a pretty little garden shed. Love the greenhouse addition. Usually the "sample" house for the contest is very plain.

It's fun to hear all of the wheels turning while I'm thinking about my own idea. I'm already looking forward to the Great Reveal next December!

Creativity is contagious!

Well, I got the catalog, and I thought about what to do with it... The theme really threw me off. But I think I finally found a way around the theme... it still sort of goes with the theme in a very, very, very, very, very 'round about way. But since the 2nd prize winner of the "Spirit of America" theme in 2002 was a "dream" treehouse, me thinks the judges are very lax about taking the theme literally.

But I'm keeping it under wraps... I started the houseboat kit with a great idea, but didn't start until May and got as far as assembling the base before October, Halloween, birthdays and Christmas swallowed my free time. :banana: So I'm keeping quiet in case I don't finish this one either.

But the houseboat idea was so great (I have to give credit where credit is due - it was my DAD's idea...) The boat was going to be painted white, with lots of July 4th type fanfare - flags, banners, boat colors... with all the running candidates at different areas doing different things. The title would have been: Ship of Fools

Yuk yuk yuk...

I hope people keep tabs on their progress... even if they don't divulge exactly WHAT they're doing, to keep me thinking about it and on schedule... :banana: