Death Takes a Holiday

Deb

Deb, that is wonderful!! I love it and your sense of humor as always shows!! You did a wonderful job!!

I have to say I agree with you, Kathie's is just amazing. I think she has a very good chance of winning.

That's so creepy...in a cool sort of way.

<giggling> What's really creepy is that I had all the fabric for the shorts and swim suits in my stash. Those are some reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally ugly fabrics too!

To tell the truth, so long as a Greenleaf forum member gets one of the top prizes, I don't care who it is!

Exactly!! If any of us win, it's a win for all of us! We're such a close family here and we share so much of ourselves in our minis, that it doesn't really matter who, as long as it's one of the family. (But I'm still puttin' my bet on Kathie)

Did you heat the joints to pose them?

Naw, I just took a blade to them and whacked them off at the joints, then glued them back in the position I wanted. I got my medical degree from Glen's School of Doll Reformation.

Oh! I gotta tell y'all about the water. I was stumped (no pun intended) about how to do the water and make it look halfway realistic. I started out with green and blue saran wrap and that didn't work out for swamp water. It would be great for a swimming pool, but not for a swamp. Finally, I took a bunch of aluminum foil, laid it out in the tray with lots of ripples and waves and then painted it. For texture, I glued on green poly fiber and added clumps of lichen around the stumps and sides. To get in the mood, I put on Jerry Reed and listened to "Amos Moses", "Gator McClusky" and "Poke Salad Annie". <cackle> Yes, there was dancing involved.

Can you tell I had a good time with this? That's what I love most about mini-ing. Anything you can do that makes you laugh out loud---------genuine belly laughs-----is the best thing in the whole world. The next best thing is having you guys who understand the insanity and the joy and share in it all.

Hey Steve!!! Where's pictures of your entry??? You knocked my socks off last year and I'm still in awe of it. I'm dying to see what you did this year.

Deb