Dollhouse cases?

mselle

First, sorry I have posting diahrrea today!

But now that my first is nearing completion (exterior, anyway), I'm wondering how to best showcase it. For now I have a nice big oak desk to put it on, but I don't know, doesn't she need her own special place to show her off?

Do you pros buy special cases or build extra wide shelves or ? Where do you put your babies?

Any place I can find a flat surface.!! Seriously, I have a dresser in my Living room that has 3 drawars.. the smallest drawar is for the dollhouse stuff. the middle drawar has some placemats and etc in it and the bottom drawar is the boys school stuff, pencils, erasers, crayons etc.. on top sits the Heritage.!

The victorias farmhouse is sitting on the floor in my bedroom because I need to find a stand that will hold it as it is very heavy!

kellee

I have mine everywhere. Had to take them off the kitchen floor though since the torty kept climbing in them. I don't encase any of them. I like to play with the stuff in them while I clean them. I am going to make a special table for behind the sofa that will be extra wide. It will be able to hold 4.

At the moment I have 1 on top of an armoire, 1 on a desk, 1 on a bookcase, 1 on a long bench, 1 on a card table, and 3 on the floor.

The furnished houses have plexiglass velcroed to the opening because I'm not much of a duster. But it's easy enough to remove the cover when I want to play. :)

My Lady Garfield is on a low table in the middle of my living room. Brimble has taken over the top of the music cabinet in the dining room. Washington is residing here on a drop-leaf table in my study. The Greenhouse graces my bedroom dresser top ---

so basically wherever there is a flat surface, and room for them. I'll probably ask Brimble if he wouldn't like to move to my bedroom one of these days, where there's a bit more room for him and I can play with him some.

My row of shops hasn't quite figured out where it wants to go yet... :)

Wherever you got space honey! Just display them! Worry about other things later! Shelves are nice, but isn't it nicer to be able to see front, back, sides?! LOL I have many of my minis on either side of the opening from dining area to the kitchen. that way guests at dinner HAVE to look at my minis or else! LOL

Wolfie

Mine aren't finished yet, but they're both in my living room... The Rutherford took over my coffee table, which I guess is now no longer a coffee table, in one corner, and the Pierce (poor sad thing) on and end table in the other corner, with the Christmas tree right in the middle of them. :thumb: