Laurel Primrose Progress

Tess11

I just posted pics in my gallery of the Laurel & Primrose I'm working on. I juast finished the lights today. I put the two together an added a doorway between them. I also did not punch out the door of the Primrose so that there will be more room. This will be the kitchen. I made a stained glass window on the left side of the house (from the front). There is a pic of it in the gallery.

I don't think I posted this before, but it's a gift for a friend's niece. We made an awesome trade. Her husband raises mini Australian Shepherds and I fell in love with one of the puppies in August. They are a bit pricey here in So Cal, but she wanted a dollhouse for her niece for Christmas so we traded a dollhouse for my beloved puppy, Ninja. Isn't that amazing? I get to make something I love doing and I get a wonderful fur friend! :thumb:

So, the dollhouse is getting there (as is the puppy training). I have a few long nights ahead of me to get the Laurel ready for Santa, but I think it's coming out great. The little girl is 5 so I 'm making it very girly with pink and purple. I stuck some furniture in it so I get an idea of how it will look. Next is flooring and wallpaper!

The house looks fabulous! I love how leaving off the second "front" door makes the house look far more realistic! And gives some added wall space to the room as well. The little girl will be thrilled! What kind of puppy did you get for the trade? I think you made a marvelous trade!

The house looks great and the puppy is soooo cute! What a great trade!

How did you make the stained glass window? It looks fabulous. The little girl will be so thrilled, she's going to love the house.

I can't wait to see more! :thumb:

Christine

I added pictures of my beautiful puppy to my gallery. Ninja is a mini Australian Shepherd, but he's getting a bit big so I think he's going to be more on the size of the Australian Shepherd and less on the mini size. Besides, he's got a big head since the same breed won the dog show on Thanksgiving, although the color is different. :p Ninja is a black tri and the winner was a blue merle. But they are both BEAUTIFUL! I never knew I was a dog person until this guy came home. I've loved the cats I've had over the years, but the puppy is something else. He's always happy to see me and just wants love. Dogs are truly unconditional lovers. :thumb:

The house looks great and the puppy is soooo cute! What a great trade!

How did you make the stained glass window? It looks fabulous. The little girl will be so thrilled, she's going to love the house.

I can't wait to see more! :thumb:

Christine

The stained glass was easy. This time I printed a pattern I liked off of the internet and taped a tansparency over it. I used a sharpie to trace the pattern and then I painted the color with glass paints from Wal-Mart. They are the kind you use for plastic sun catchers, less than $2 I think for the package. When dry, I went over the lines again with a sharpie.

I've also actually printed the stained glass window, colors and all, on to a transparency and then painted over them and traced the lines with a sharpie. This is my preferred method, but I have had some serious technical difficulties with internet, printers, etc. over the last month, so I opted for a low tech method this time. Printing it and then painting it gives it a really rich look. You can see the door of my childohood dollhouse in my gallery for a sample. But the window on my Laurel is perfect for this particular house, I think.

Princess is a Blue Merle as well and she is big. And fluffy! Aussies are great pets!

The house is so neat! And the window is lovely! I also like that you left the porch off the smaller house truly making it look like a part of the Laurel. That is a great idea and one that I probably will choose for my Laurel and Primrose also. Cool!

Oh Tess, your Laurel and Primrose are so cute, but I have to say, the puppy stole the show for me!! I absolutely LOVE dogs and you have a REAL cutie there. Ninja is just adorable and I would take a puppy over a dollhouse any day...the love and friendship they extend to us is so much more gratifying. As much as I love mini's, a puppy could always win my heart faster.

Your friend's daughter will have a lot of fun with the dollhouse, but you will have many years of companionship, loyalty and love.

Congratulations!!!

Chris

I've never had another dog, so I can't speak to how an Aussie compares with a setter, but I know Aussies are one of the smartest breeds. They do need A LOT of exercise. They are working doggies! My Ninja loves to go to the park and run through the kids' playground toys late when no one is there. It's like agility training almost. :lol: We've been working hard on basic training and he has done so well. I'm so proud of him. The only hard thing is that they want to herd and you really can't break them of that (it's in their blood). I have to watch him around kids (which all dog owners should do anyway) because if they wander if he will try to nip their heels back to where he thinks they should be. He does't hurt, but it can be frightening for little ones. He's a lovey boy other than that.

Oh Tess, your Laurel and Primrose are so cute, but I have to say, the puppy stole the show for me!! I absolutely LOVE dogs and you have a REAL cutie there. Ninja is just adorable and I would take a puppy over a dollhouse any day...the love and friendship they extend to us is so much more gratifying. As much as I love mini's, a puppy could always win my heart faster.

Your friend's daughter will have a lot of fun with the dollhouse, but you will have many years of companionship, loyalty and love.

Congratulations!!!

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I am totally smitten with our little Ninjie for sure. He has had many evenings covered in saw dust and drops of pink paint from lying at my feet while I work with my minis. I don't know how I ever lived without a dog before this. My kids are beginning to complain thet he gets more attention than they do- but he's a puppy I say. :lol: I agree for sure- the true joy he's given me in the short months he's been with us convince me I made a perfect choice!

Your Laurel Looks Wonderful!! I Love the stained glass window too :p

Thanks, Tracy! A compliment from you means a lot to me- your work is incredible! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! :xmas_tree:

I like your dollhouse, my Magnolia which is being built for my DGD is also done in pink and purple. Little girls love those colors.

I know what you mean about your puppy too, we have a Boston Terrier that has become our child and is spoiled rotten.

• 2 weeks later...

I have met George (Peggi's fur child) and he's a sweetie (and yes, he's spoiled rotten!) I've never met a hound I didn't love, but when our Beautiful Melody runs off to the Rainbow Bridge I don't think I will have another, it's getting too hard to say goodby when they go.

Very nice dh for your friends niece and CUTE dog. I love the Primrose - so versitile. I rehabed an old 9 room wooden dh for my friend's daughter for xmas. I did the outside but left the only preped to decorate, since her daughter wants to do that. Of course, I fell in love with it and hated to give it to her mom - I wanted to keep it for myself!!!