Need a little help please

Rhonda

Hello everyone I have been lurking for a few weeks while I attempt to build the San Franciscan. I must say I have picked up a lot of wonderful ideas from all of you. Here is my Quandary as I am stumbling along building my dollhouse, my 30 year old son is hovering over me and informed me he was going to decorate a room as his. He started talking about fishing gear and deer heads on the wall ~groan~

This got me to thinking so I looked around and found the Shady brook cabin ordered it and I am going to decorate it for him for Christmas. I have already made a hibachi, cooler, blue spatter ware from fimo clay. I made a cot and sleeping bag and a few other little things. I did find some miniature fishing poles at one site but they were quite expensive. If anyone has and links or ideas to help me make more stuff for his fishing shack I would be more than grateful. oh I did take a lure and attached it to a scrap of wood to look like a mounted trophy fish.

Looking forward to your great ideas.

Thank you

Rhonda

Great ideas! You sound pretty crafty, so making your own fishing poles shouldn't be too tough... thin dowel for the rod, reel could be a large bead, run some wire through a couple of jump rings and tie a hook on the end. He's going to need a tackle box & tackle (Hmmm..... jewlry findings?) and of course, BAIT!

Oh, and don't forget a 6-pack :thumb:

Good call on the cabin. I think that's a much better outlet for your son's creative muse than a San Franciscan!

Check out Venus Dodge's book, Dolls House Needlecrafts. It has instructions for all kinds of fishing gear, including a pole. If you don't want to buy a copy, you can probably get it throughat your public library or inter library loan.

Dolls House Needlecrafts by Venus Dodge

Wow! Sounds like you have been busy Rhonda! They have cute fishing poles and things at Hobby Building Supply as well....and several older copies of Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine had wonderful ideas for making your own fishing things.

And welcome if I didn't get a chance to welcome you before!

Wolfie

Hi Rhonda, welcome to the forum! :thumb:

I found a very nice fishing rod in the scrapbooking section at Walmart last year. (I don't go there often.) Of course, it sounds like you'll be able to make a great rod on your own - but it's always a fun browse to check the scrapbooking aisles of different stores. There are all sorts of goodies that can make the transition to minis very well. (Charms, stickers, papers, frames, etc.)

I made a fishing pole for a swap and made them with the tiniest dowell and painted blk or silver and

the used wire to make the loops..I have seen the reels made from those tiny woode spools and also from button snaps that you get at wal mart...

Oh for the fishing line I used real fishing line the thinest one available..

If he is wanting to decorate it, I would put everything in a box and let him do it..

Welcome! Your son sounds very interested in decorating a room. With your help and ideas, he will likely want to make a lot of his own minis. My son is only 11, and when he gets an idea for a mini, he doesn't stop till he's figured out how to make it. Good call on the cabin.

My son has a cabin as well, we found some really nice fishing rods a few years ago at Hobby Lobby.

You can also make your own.!!!

We made our own by taking a skewer ...and taking Daddys lighters apart after they were out of fluid. !

The round thingy you turn to light the lighter makes a great reel.... then we just took fishing line or string and put it around the reel & up the skewer and tied a little bead or two to it.!

Kellee

I had already found the small wooden spools at michaels and have them in what I have dubbed my parts box. Thank you for all the replies I checked out all the sites you listed and got lost on a few of them last night. I wish we had a Hobbt Lobby here in Bend Oregon the closest one is in Montana. Luckily we do have a fairly decent michaels. I am going to go get some shish-ka-bob skewers today and see if they will be small enough to use for a rod.

Making a dollhouse this close to Christmas is a study in the guilt factor, LOL at least I can justify buying some items as they will be used in both dollhouses! As soon as I can locate the usb cord for my digital camera I will upload pictures of what I have done so far.