12/07/05 Attraction

Minis On The Edge

Let's see:

1. Sense of humor.

2. Stable, responsible, and respected about something. Doesn't have to be something flashy -- just don't be a total flake with no passion for anything.

3. Thinks for oneself. (Stopping short of total crackpotitude is good, though -- some of the locals here on the Left Coast go a little far.)

Three things that attract me are:

1. Intelligence:

Whatever type it may be, emotional, creative, or academic, it makes him or her that much more interesting. I like to listen to people talk, and it's much more fun when they know things I don't.

2. Class:

This doesn't mean wealth or prestige. Just good manners will do--tipping well, saying thanks and godblessyou, acting with general tact and consideration means a lot to me.

3. Sense of humor:

I'm totally with everyone else on this one. I personally dig the zany but insightful variety. Sometimes a tiny bit dark and dirty is okay too. Gratuitous sarcasm or cynicism don't qualify.

My three things would be:

1. I know this sounds sooo superficial, but nice teeth. Also goes along with a nice smile and a good laugh!

2. In a man, total independence from his mother or parents for that matter (that's what attracted me to hubby!).

3. Good manners, courteous, honest and trustworthy!

Another yikes kind of question :lol:

Let me see attraction ...

Eyes one drowns in, the kind of smile that isn't just a mouth gymnastic kind of thing but reaches the eye, a gentleness showing

(I met my DH the year we were turning 17 so its been a while LOL and it might sound sappy and all but it was one of those moments with love at first sight and it was like drowing in those icey blue eyes... In a good way though!)

Hugs

I like weird people. :D Not the dangerous kind (well, not usually), but the unique and interesting people. The ones who are just a bit left of center. They're eccentric, non-conforming, intelligent and lots of fun! And if they dress funny, that's okay with me coz I wear strange hats and dress funny too. :lol:

Deb

Oh boy - I'm gonna sound really sappy here but these are the killer things that really attract me to someone.

1. Eyes - openly expressive eyes - color doesn't matter but sometimes you just can look into a person's eyes and see the most amazing genuine feelings. And that always gets to me - it's usually the first thing I notice about someone, if they make eye contact with me and what I see there.

2. Acceptance of others - its a big issue with me so that's ultimately important, if they care about others genuinely and are open and accepting of other people, who may be different or have different lives than they consider the norm.

3. That by some strange quirk of fate they're actually somehow attracted to me. :D

(secretly I do have a crush on a gal at the supermarket but I think she's just really sweet to everyone) - See? Told ya I'd sound sappy! :lol:

-David

OK, I'll be good now.

1. Definitely a sense of humor, and if they're "fast on their feet", that's even better. I have a sarcastic wit and can come up with one-liners really fast, but the youngest son is even better at it.

2. Once upon a time, when I took a time management class, the gentleman teaching it said "if you make a promise then you should keep it, because if you don't, then you're telling the person that you made the promise to that they are not important to you, so do what you say and say what you do." Those words have stuck wtih me for quite some time, so that's a quality that's attractive to me.

3. As I have aged in my life (not that old, only 41), I have finally discovered who I am and where I want to go in life and to roll with the punches. I rarely get hysterical (except when the kids drive me insane) and don't want to live my life in turmoil, especially fighting with a spouse all the time. Therefore, I also seek those qualities in others.

Lets see here:

1) HONESTY I am a real big on this with my kids and everyone. I always want the truth and nothing but the truth thats the way it should be.

2) Sense of Humour

3)Manners

Lyn

lagniappe is a Cajun term, I believe, and it means roughly an unexpected something nice, like a copy of the morning paper served up with your coffe & begneits (doughnuts) in the local cafe, or the extra dollop of whipped cream on your dish of bread pudding with hard sauce (to use location-specific examples). If someone doesn't have the three qualities I most admire it really doesn't mattr how funny, sexy or "smart" they are (and in my lifetime I've learned there is a huge difference between "intelligent" & "smart").

Attraction for me is not actual physical beauty, though I have to admit it sometimes helps... :p :lol:

Since I have acquired 'age' and with 'age' comes knowledge--I would have to say the top of my list (and you only want three here! :D )

1-Honesty & Truthfulness---This is more important to me than attraction--honesty and truthfulness in actions, as well as words.

2- Sense of humor-- here a honest sense of fun and humorous look at life is above all important to myself--and I worked too long in a former job where saracasm was mistaken for a sense of humor or even intelligence.

3- Good, positive attitude. I admire people who 'take lemons & make lemonade' kind of mentality. I guess intelligence would also have to be included in this.

;)

So, David, ask her out!! (That is if she's not married!) :lol: Take a chance, most women like a man to take initiative!!

Don't tell hubby I said so . . . he hates it when I try to play matchmaker!! :D

1. shoulders- he needs good shoulders to haul all those gifts

2. belly - that shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly

3. sense of humor- Ho ho ho

Don't mind me.  :lol:  I think the kids have fried my brain this morning already!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah. OK. That does remind me of Santa Claus too when you put it that way, LOL! But I meant:

1. shoulders--I like well defined shoulders on a feller

2. belly--nice flat belly, not necessarily muscled to extreme, like hubby had before we got married.

3. sense of humor--self explanatory.

So, David, ask her out!!  (That is if she's not married!)  :lol:  Take a chance, most women like a man to take initiative!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Teresa - I almost did - but the day I finally got my nerve up she showed up to work sorta 'glowing' happy with a brand new hair do and new make up style - a sure sign that a woman's recently involved with someone new - so Instead I just settle for seeing her beautiful smile when I do my shopping :D

-David

Geesh, no wonder I could not get anyone to ask me out while I was single. If these are the signs you guys are looking at to see if a woman is "involved" :lol: .

David, sometimes women do things like that to "get noticed" ;) . There was one guy I was totally in love with and I would buy a new outfit get my hair done ANYTHING to get him to notice me.

I approached him and told him I had a crush on him (in so many words). He told me he was not interested (broke my heart) so when he did have a crush on me later on, I did not know it till YEARS after I was married LOL. Serve him right for breaking my heart LOL.

He said no because at that moment, he had noticed me but was shocked to find out I even liked him. Then he started to "notice" me more but I had moved on :p . It's a great thing too. After 13 years of being with my husband, I can say I am still in love with him :D

My three things that attract me to people are:

1. Someone who is understanding

2. unselfish and not judgmental

3. kind to others

In essence, I am attracted to people who "Love" Unconditionally. When someone loves you no matter what your faults, illnesses, race, gender, religion or whatever else you are, you know you have a true Friend, Mate, employee or employer etc. It is rare.

Thank you, Tracy, for confirming that I'm not totally weird! I've never gotten a new hairstyle right after starting to date someone!

Just like you said, the new hairstyle is an effort to attract attention. The glow could very well come from some other achievement -- or she could just be pleased with her hair.

A brief course in Women and Hair.

1. Relationship starts. Man thinks woman looks great. Woman maintains current hairstyle.

2. Man decides woman is "beautiful just as she is." At this point, she faces a choice. Does she keep maintaining the hairstyle, or does she get more casual, based on man's claim that she's gorgeous without make-up, etc.?

3. If relationship does not prosper, woman becomes too cranky to maintain hairstyle and finds herself just letting hair do whatever.

4. Relationship ends. Sick of everything that reminds her of man, woman gets a new hairstyle.

So new hairstyle usually means that a gal is over the last guy and ready for a new candidate.

Ohhh David, not necessarily. She may have been thinking she might see you that day and wanted to look attractive for YOU. Now, wouldn't you have been surprised!!

Go ahead and ask her out, the worst that will happen is she says "no", and then you'll know not to waste any more thoughts on that one. Keep us posted, enquiring minds want to know!

Wendy