newbie here

ouchouch

Hi! I've been lurking for quite some time and now that I finally received my first dollhouse - Beacon Hill - I finally registered. I'll probably have questions and come here and ask. Everyone seems so nice here.

WelcomeWelcome! :D How exciting for you! I renovated a Beacon Hill so you may want to have a look at my pictures. There are several others that have done Beacon Hills as well, so you've definitely come to the right place for information and inspiration! :D

Remember to take lots of pictures to share with us! We LOVE pictures!! We also love questions so ask away!!

Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum! The Beacon Hill is a real favorite around here so you'll find helpful folks who have already built one, are in the process of building one or have it on the list to build one. :D

It's nice to meet you!

Deb

Welcome, ouchouch, I shudder to think how you came by your username :D The BH is a great favorite & one I hope to build one day (& then have room for), although my personal favorite is the Willowcrest.

Everyone seems so nice here.

We work hard to make this a safe, warm fuzzy kind of place. Explore the site & have fun building your treasure :D

Awww...see everyone is so sweet here. Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'll definitely take photos. I looked at everyone's photos on the Beacon Hill and I'm amazed. I'm so anxious to get mine going! But I know, take my time. Number one rule...?

Number one rule?????

hmmmm well for me it would be

Do not let all the sheets of wood intimidate you to the point of hiding the house at the back of the closet!!!

Take it slow and walk away when frustrated.

!!Welcome to the forum!!

all these peoples with Beacon Hills...how much fun will that be for all of you!?!

nutti :lol:

Number one rule...?

Have a good time! It's your house and you can make it anyway you want it to be. There will be "ooops" moments and one of the greatest things I've learned here is that mistakes aren't fatal and can usually be covered up with trim, spackling, glue or a rug.

Just relax and enjoy the process, and you'll have the house of your dreams.

Deb

Number one rule...?
There are no rules. What you want/ "see" is what you make. The instructions are a useful guide (no matter how many times I read them & think I understand them there are always parts I mess up), the tool lists are helpful, but in the end it's all trial & error.

There will be "ooops" moments and one of the greatest things I've learned here is that mistakes aren't fatal

Actually "oopsies" are the best learning experiences. It's always nice to test your idea on scraps first, but sometimes just following the instructions can result in accidental disaster. There's nothing that can't be fixed with foamboard, paint, spackle/ polyfilla or trim :lol:

Have a good time!  It's your house and you can make it anyway you want it to be.  There will be "ooops" moments and one of the greatest things I've learned here is that mistakes aren't fatal and can usually be covered up with trim, spackling, glue or a rug. 

Just relax and enjoy the process, and you'll have the house of your dreams.

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or a rug. Hahahahaha. For some reason I liked that one.

Or a rug. Hahahahaha. For some reason I liked that one.

:lol: I like that one too. In fact, I like it so much that it works on real life scale problems too. :lol:

Deb

My Number one rule is to read the instructions more than one time. Sometimes I end up not using the instructions anyway but, I think it is because I have looked them over so I understand the process a little bit better.

:lol:

Be sure to keep them handy though.