What's Your Pet Peeve?

LPCullen

Nope you are in the dog house :o :p . Just teasing :lol: (guess I am doing that a lot today I teased Teresa earlier LOL) I understand what you are saying my sweet ;) . I find that annoying too. I have seen people hold up lines at the store over a simple greeting "Merry Christmas". To me that is just so petty. I say greet them back however you wish but in the same manner they gave you a greeting. I never saw someone say "Merry Christmas" in a mean way so I say great them back.

As Lisa said earlier (in this topic or another one) Manners have gone down the drain and it is so sad. I don't like rude people either but I guess that's the way things are. I have noticed that Mini folk are usually kind so maybe if we get enough people to become miniaturist, things will change by next year this time ;) .

Here's to hoping!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want to add is that if I have to hear "Santa, baby, hurry down my chimney tonight" one more time, I may swear off celebrating Christmas myself.

Despite my addiction to Starbucks eggnog latte, I could do with much, much less marketing hype for the event.

I have noticed that Mini folk are usually kind so maybe if we get enough people to become miniaturist, things will change by next year this time :lol: .

Here's to hoping!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mini folk seem to have big hearts!!

Susanne

I've not put pictures of my Lily in a blog here, but if it would help I will. 

Thanks for the offer Peggi! That would be great! I've been to your album quite a few times and have even displayed it at a few meeting here at the office. I think that your use of stain shows the versatile of wooden houses vs. MDF, but more importantly it is a perfect example of how creativity pays off. It looks great! I would be honored to see your house in the gallery!

Thanks again!

Dean

I have noticed that Mini folk are usually kind so maybe if we get enough people to become miniaturist, things will change by next year this time :lol: .

Here's to hoping!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now you're talkin'!

All I want to add is that if I have to hear "Santa, baby, hurry down my chimney tonight" one more time, I may swear off celebrating Christmas myself.

I've been waiting for the dog barking rendition of Jingle Bells. It's one of the few songs I can sing along with!

I havent heard "Dominic the Donkey" this year

If you hear the barking dogs 2-3x that is enough !!!!!!

Still hunting for a copy of the record album "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" Virgil Fox recorded at Riverside Church in NYC late 50s

and Music Box Christmas from 1958 or so Fantastic recording of antique music boxes playing Christmas music....very soothing unlike recordings by pop stars of yesterday and today

Ed

This may be a bit of dark humor ... but I'll go for it anyway. Do you think that the corn would pop ... like popcorn!!

Susanne, that's hilarious!!! :lol: :o I laughed so loud I think I woke up hubby and what's even worse . . . I don't care!! ;)

Tracy, we definitely have to do Starbucks next Wednesday! I could really use a Caramel Frappucino!! ;)

Mini folk are usually kind so maybe if we get enough people to become miniaturist, things will change by next year this time

I think it's because we are so thoroughly immersed in the smallness of our little worlds we want nothing to do with the small of mind.

Holly, I love the way you worded that!

:o

Starbucks sounds good Teresa, do you know where one is around there? (We are gonna meet next week at a dollhouse shop because we need an excuse to go there other than dollhouse LOL)

:lol:

I’m going to take this opportunity to thank all of you for posting pictures in the Gallery.  This has been a big help in overcoming the short fallings of both sites.  I often refer customers to the Gallery for addition views and without your help, that wouldn’t be possible.  I hope in the future to be able to use this combination not just to show the houses in more detail, but mainly to show what true potential they have when in the hands of creative people like you.  Your continued support in this area is greatly appreciated!

You know, it hadn't even occured to me that posting in the gallery would be helpful to Greenleaf. Actually, the reason I use webshots is because I didn't want to take up space and tax the bandwidth on the Greenleaf site. Now that you've explained it, I'll get some pics of my Orchid and Pierce posted here. Greenleaf/Corona houses have brought a whole lot of joy into my life and if I can help encourage someone else to have that experience, I'm all for it!

Deb

I think hubby would be very upset if I went celibate this Christmas!  No, don't think that's going to be on my resolution list!  :lol:

:o But just think how much more time you'd have for minis. <cackle>

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Back to the corner I go.

Deb

Despite my addiction to Starbucks eggnog latte, I could do with much, much less marketing hype for the event.

<giggling> Bruce brought in a cup of eggnog latte and set it down with the lid off, He turned around to do something else........heard a slurping behind him and there was the cat with his head stuck halfway in the cup sucking it down like there was no tomorrow. They're both addicted now.

Deb

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol: :o ;)

I have a mental picture of your cat wired on caffeine & eggnog! Ow, fell out of the chair laughing so hard! DS#3's cat stands on his head when I bring him fresh catnip, so I can only imagine your cat with his face stuck in the Starbucks cup.

:lol: I am laughing so hard --that reminds me of Henry, the pig. He too is addicted to coffee, especially mine(I put sugar in mine) but loves to drink out of coffee cups, and begs for egg nog when we drink it. I remember one time putting down my cup and forgetting about where I had left it--it had half a cup in it, when I came back---it was gone! :o

• 4 weeks later...

I know I shouldn't think this is funny, but I do.

Remember how my number one pet peeve was failure to yield the right of way to emergency vehicles? Well, last night hubby and I were sitting at a stop light. It's a 3 lane road in each direction, so I guess that's actually a 6 lane road. Heard sirens coming up behind us, we didn't move because the lane beside us was completely empty, and our stop light was red. Well, here comes the fire truck down that lane, blowing his horn. Two persons in the opposite direction decided to ignore him. So, one was turning left--which he/she shouldn't have been doing because there was a red light on his/her side, and another one was going straight through the intersection. I know they both heard the firetruck, because I saw both of them hesitate. Well, they decided to ignore it and the one going straight proceeded through the intersection and the one turning left proceeding through the intersection, and the one going left clipped the front end of the one going straight and kept on going. Just enough to knock some lights out of the front passenger side of the vehicle, not hard enough to hurt a person. So the one turning left is GONE--probably because they don't have drivers license, and the one going straight has to get out of the intersection or get run over by the fire truck.

Fire truck went on down the road to where he/she was going. Jimmy and I sat there and laughed. I know we shouldn't have, but if they had just simply stayed where the were, like they were supposed to, they wouldn't have had an accident. So, what do you think is gonna happen when the one going straight calls the police to report the accident and explains to the police officer that the were struck going through an intersection at the same time that an emergency vehicle was attempting to get through?

1. People who park in handycap spaces.

2. People who smoke just outside doors, and around there children. I have breathing problems because my mom,(relitives) smokes so much around us as kids. I wish smokers would just smoke somewhere where you did not have to walk trough or past them. Is that so hard.

3. People who let the door swing behind them, right in your face.

Jenn

I know I shouldn't think this is funny, but I do.

So, what do you think is gonna happen when the one going straight calls the police to report the accident and explains to the police officer that the were struck going through an intersection at the same time that an emergency vehicle was attempting to get through?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the Police Station when and if this accident is reported. Dollars to doughnuts though, they don't report this accident. LOL

Susanne

Well I would have to say a couple of my pet peeves would be:

1. People who stand in the middle of the isles in a store and they are so busy amongst themselves to even bother stepping aside or notice that anyone or someone is trying to get through. and when your looking at something in the store and out of nowhere this person works there way in front of you and don't even bother saying excuse me or can i get in there for a second plz. :)

2. And worst of all People who stand right up on you and breath down your neck while you are waiting in line at the cash register. .. like you can get done any faster then the person in front of you? :)

I suppose most of my peeves are about shopping LOL :D

Susieq

Dollars to doughnuts though, they don't report this accident. LOL

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Won't take that bet, because they'll have to report it because the vehicle going straight looked to only be 2 or 3 years old, so there's orobably a lien on it. They'll have to have an accident report to get it fixed, or more correctly to get the insurance company to pay to have it fixed, so I'm pretty sure the one going straight will report it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pet peeves.

1- Hair in the bath

2- Breakfast cereal that dries onto the bowl and will not come off without a brillo pad or chisel.:mellow:

3- People who blast very loud bass from their cars

4- George Bush

5- Tony Blair

6- People who say dolls houses are only meant for little girls.

7- Loud mouthed, annoying kids

8- Dog poo on the pavement

9- People who do not flush after using the toilet

10- Small print