Kitten Woes--Could Kill DH!!

CJEP

So this morning I woke up to hear a large splash. I called out to Steve, but he did not respond. The light was on in the bathroom and the bedroom entrance was closed, but he often leaves it this way until I'm about to get up and goes out the other entrance. I figure I better investigate. I find a wet kitten in the room across from the bathrooms. I investigate to see what she could have been into and find the tub filled with water. Our sewerage was turned off yesterday for the day (they are updating the system), and I had pulled the drains on the sink to make sure I didn't mess up and send anything down so I figured he hadn't realized in his shower. I grabbed a towel and picked her up and brought her downstairs to find Steve playing with our other cat.

He tells me that no, he filled the tub with Lysol and water because the kitten had pooped in there and didn't think about the fact that she may try to go in again. I got to try to clean off the Lysol and then dry her. She did not enjoy her second bath either. Now I'm not sure if she ingested any of the Lysol since she was licking herself like crazy. I'm going to keep an eye on her today and possibly cancel all of my plans to do it. I want to make sure she is ok.

I couldn't get mad at him because he was feeling absolutely awful about it and had done the right thing and cleaned up the poop. He knows I'm not suppose to go near it since we are trying to get pregnant.

Ok, I just needed to vent to someone since I didn't want to make him feel worse.

Poor baby!

I personally would call the vet and get a heads up. They might be able to tell you what to look for in case of poisoning or tell you to bring the baby in.

Oh you got a tub pooper! My cat Baby is a tub pooper. He just refused to use the litter (i tried everything) and he ended up becoming an outside cat. As they get bigger the poo gets bigger and smellier..LOL Whenever it is really cold out in the winter or a storm and he cant get outside for those reasons...he is yelling his booty off cause he has got to go and then he just gives up and goes in the tub.

I think his cries are telling me.. I am sorry.. I gotta go.. I am sorry..It has to be in here!

Oh, the poor baby! I hope she's okay.

I've lucked out incredibly with Tallulah (who is 9) and Nym (who is 9 weeks today). They are litter box kitties - refuse to do their business anywhere but the box. I am infinitely thankful that Nym is still too small jump into the bathtub (it's a big clawfooter) and Tal hates water ever since she jumped into the tub when she was small, just after I took a bath and the tub was draining. Since then, she steers clear of the tub.

I did call the vet. They said to watch for continuous vomit and lethargic behavior. I have seen neither and it has been almost four hours. She is running around playing and eating as always.

She uses the litter box. This is only the second time she hasn't. The other time she pooped in the laundry basket which she loved jumping in and out of. We think she gets scared or something and it happens. I have to say I hope her poop doesn't get smellier. She has had terrible gas when we first got her and I have never smelled such smelly poop as hers. She smells up the entire room when she poops and that is with filters and air fresheners around. It has gotten a bit better. I think the food the shelter gave her didn't agree with her. She wouldn't eat it for us when I bought the same brand and started eating Simba's food (she still likes to eat his food).

I think she will be ok. Steve feels horrible about it. I know it isn't his fault. He was never taught how to clean a house or to think about small things like closing a door when the tub is full.

That could have been a really bad situation. Don't worry about the tub habits. Could be worse (like the laundry basket all the time) My kitty will pee in the litter box and then jump out and poo next to it. He has done it for years and years. My daughters cat likes to pee in the tub. It ruined the chrome on the drain. I just say it is one of the hazards of having pets. I have bad habits too as does everyone, you just learn to deal with them.

Carrie, I'm so glad you called the vet for this!

I hope you throughly washed off all the lysol on her body as well.

As for smelly poo, I have found that sometimes they haven't covered it up well in the litterbox. I just pout or scoop a litle more litter on

and it really reduces the odor.

I sure hope you kitty is okay. Keep us posted.

As for smelly poo, I have found that sometimes they haven't covered it up well in the litterbox. I just pout or scoop a litle more litter on

and it really reduces the odor.

I sure hope you kitty is okay. Keep us posted.

She buries it really deep according to my husband who scoops and cleans the liter box. I think she really just had some sort of reaction before because she had a lot of gas as well.

She is still doing fine, so I think we are set. Thankfully!!