The Laurel-My first attempt

pamlynn

You're Laurel is really coming together! You are doing very well--it's hard to believe you're a newbie. I so glad you are having fun and have bought another house and want to buy another. The only problem is that these are all for the kids. Don't forget to buy one for yourself!

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They have some miniature furniture. So do Hobby Lobby and AC Moore stores. www.miniatures.com has a nice selection online, and they have a lot of sales this time of year.

As for a smooth varnish finish, make sure the floors are sanded well before you begin. Use THIN coats. I like to sand between coats with a piece of brown paper bag in my sanding block. This smooths out any bumps in the varnish and makes a very satiny finish that you will love to touch!

Keep at it! You're doing great!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your words of praise! It really means a lot. We don't have a hobby lobby, or an AC Moore here. Only a Joann's and Michaels. I really need to find some little plants to go in the flower boxes. I haven't attached them yet because they don't look very even and I wanted to fill them before gluing them on. I have shingled the front overhang and am waiting for it to dry before starting on the next one. I may even put another coat of stain on it before rehanging it. Look for pictures in another few days.

As I get more time to finish the house I'll be taking and posting more photos. Of course I'll have to take some of my Princess with her new castle! I'm getting very anxious to see her reaction. I did post a few pics. One is of the ceiling in the first bedroom. It's not exactly what I was wanting, but it's close enough for now. Thanks for all the encouragement! Pam

Thank you so much! I got a bunch of stuff for the house and now I need to find time to play with it. I'm currently throwing together a surprise party for my husbands birthday. What to get him? Maybe a DOLLHOUSE! Just kidding. I am trying to get a log cabin for my son for his birthday on Ebay, but keep being outbid for the two bedroom one. DARN! Time will tell if I get the baby I want...Pam

OOOOOO she is gonna love her house!

its got some wonderful rooms! love what you are doing!

great job! :D:)

I look forward to seeing all those goodies in their new home

I do hope you get your cabin!

nutti :wave: