Does anyone go onto live chat?

darrellandmelissa

It is kind of funny for me to join in the chatroom, it works but I have to do it in two steps so to speak. I click on the chatroom once allow it to load a little while, close the chatroom and click on it again and the second time I get in in just a few seconds.

I've noticed this too Anna. On my computer, it will eventually load on the first try, but like Holly says, it takes f o r e v e r to load. I usually end up doing what you recommend.

I've noticed this too Anna.  On my computer, it will eventually load on the first try, but like Holly says, it takes f o r e v e r to load.  I usually end up doing what you recommend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And since I am not the most patient person I find it so much easier to let it load a little one time and then re-start it :blink: because it shortens the time spent waiting. I know, impatient and wants things to happen... That is why I really like paints amd glues that dries fast when it is o the object (not in the jars LOL)

Hugs

Argh! I was going to chat last night, figured I'd just load the chat window, chat for 15 minutes, and then go to my evening rendez-vous... well, forget that plan! Chat window tried to load slower than slow... I tried Anna's cancel-and-do-it-again method... it wouldn't even acknowledge the second command.

I suspect this has something to do with Java, which loads agonizingly slowly on my machine. Bleh.

I suspect this has something to do with Java, which loads agonizingly slowly on my machine. Bleh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand you so well on this I have been there plenty of times and most often it is the Java that is acting up or isn't up to par. I hope you get it sorted out because the chatroom is fuuun :blink:

Hope to see you there soon

Hugs

....a chat night would be fun.  Or maybe even a couple of chat nights - one for folks who want to talk just minis and one for folks to just chat in general :blink:

-David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea!! I would like that too David.

I'm usually on in the wee small hours (central time) of the morning though---not many folks up at that hour....lol

Doe

The whole idea with Java is write once, read everywhere. It should work on your Mac Wende. I think Tracy and D&M are using Macs too. I know nothing about Macs. As far as PC users, you can download the most current version from Sun Micro. This link will bring you to their auto update. I'm sure they must have something for the Mac as well.

Dean

EDIT: I found this old fashion Download Page that has the Mac VM download too.

I use my mac and PC. I have road runner cable internet so it loads up in less than a minute (about 20 seconds for the chat window to start up).

When I had dial up 2 years ago, I could never chat because it said I needed a plugin of some sort. Even when I downloaded it (the plugin) I could never get it to work.

I hope this isn't the reason why people don't use the chat room (The long wait can be frustrating) :D .

That is cool to hear you all were chatting last night :D

Actually, I use a PC. I haven't touched a Mac since 1997. :D I have DSL and everything, but my computer hates Java with a purple passion. Whenever I think a site has died, it turns out to be loading Java. I think it has something to do with what Microsoft did over some lawsuit with the makers of Java.

At least chat is an application where Java is really needed. It burns me up when sites have Java on their menus, just to make the words light up. Not a good use of my time.

I wonder if people are aware when the Java Console opens up that you don't close it, just click on the minimize button and forget it. I also have a tendency to want to close it but the chat board won't open up if you do.

Hope this is of some help.

I may have been having typical Mac-type problems in the past. :D

I'm downloading the latest Java update to see if that helps. There are some signs that my browser's settings may also need adjusting, so I'll fiddle with that.

It is 8:30 PST I am in the chat room with the volume up so I can hear when someone enters if I am away from the comp. Darrell will be around today untill this afternoon. He is currently sleeping in. I may keep the chat room open mostof the day and evening, depending on what I have to do today. I will have to leave at 2:30. When I returnI may go back into chat, so drop on in and visit a while.

Melissa