Does anyone go onto live chat?

darrellandmelissa

ok tried again...not working for meeeee!

but Ill keep trying.

later...got big wallpaper thing going on today...I am deterimined to get all the rooms in the Mckinley papered today. a big hold up is that dern hall.

why cant I see these problem areas before I have it all together and needing decorating? :lol:

have fun chatting!

nutti :blink:

I no longer work but neither do I have a regular schedule to volunteer "manning" the chatroom. That said, I'll certainly check if someone's in there more often. Tuesdays are squirrely days for me because I'm a HOSTS (help one student to succeed) volunteer on Tues AMs.

Hi: :lol:

Does anybody ever use the chat room, I go there all the time when I am on and nobody is ever there. So I chat with myself and boy what great answers I come up with. We should all try to make a time so we all can chat in the room.

Hi:  :lol:

Does anybody ever use the chat room, I go there all the time when I am on and nobody is ever there. So I chat with myself and boy what great answers I come up with. We should all try to make a time so we all can chat in the room.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ROFLMREO!! Too funny William!

I usually check when I come on site, to see if anyone's chatting; unless I know I won't have time.  Peggi & I were on last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is what I do as well and most often (since I am in an "off" timezone, ie Sweden where it is afternoon now and probably somewhere aorund morning over in the US) there aren't anyone in there except the other night when I got to chat with Melissa.

I would really like to have a regular chat to get to "meet" more of the ones posting here since it feels like I know a lot of you allready :) and speaking over the chatroom is a great way to be able to talk about this and that :lol:

Mini-hugs

I usually look to see if it says anyone is in chat before I browse the topics and then once agan after I'm done - once in a while if the forum looks busy I'll stop into the chat room just to see if anyone comes in but a chat night would be fun. Or maybe even a couple of chat nights - one for folks who want to talk just minis and one for folks to just chat in general :lol:

-David

I am in now. Does anyone know why it does not show when people are in there?  ( It never has for me.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could see your name in there last nigh (atleast night for me LOL) but I suppose you couldn't see that I logged in and then Melissa joined in as well.

Sorry to have missed you!

Hugs

I set the chat room to make a water drop sound when someone enters. If you open the chat room up and just let it run in the background, you will hear that noise when someone new enters, then you can just switch to that window to see who it is.

It appears that just being in the room isn’t enough to get listed as in the chat room on the forum home page. Apparently you need to be typing every so often to be recognized. I’ll see if there isn’t anyway to improve the accuracy.

I’ve had the chat room open a few times and all of a sudden the window closes and all open Internet Explorer windows close at the same time as well for no apparent reason. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Dean

When you log onto the site, scroll down to below the forums menu to see who is online here; if no one is in the chatroom, go ahead in and then PM everyone on the site to let them know & invite them in. I check the site throughout the day, but often I don't have time to chat. But people do use the chatroom, and if you check the topic elsewhere on the forum, Melissa is hosting it on Tuesdays.

Yep, it took a while before you were able to join us even after you were listed as being there.

It was nice, we had 5 really 6 people on at one time. This doesn't happen often.

Peggi

It is kind of funny for me to join in the chatroom, it works but I have to do it in two steps so to speak. I click on the chatroom once allow it to load a little while, close the chatroom and click on it again and the second time I get in in just a few seconds.

DH (he is a comp. programmer) has been ckecking out why I have to do this and he can't find any reason in particvular why I have to do this routine :blink: but it works for me so we won't change a thing LOL

Hugs

Once we get used to having the chatroom & more of us use it I think it'll get a LOT more use. For some reaon (ISP?) our dialup connection is getting very slow. The time difference makes it really difficult for our international members to join in. As mentioned elsewhere, when you're logged on, see who else is & PM to see if they want to chat.

Once I finally got the chatroom box to show someone was in there ( and by then the dialogue box was FULL, it took a while to "catch up") I could join in.

BTW, check out Ed's new houses (link with his signature), they are really nice :blink:

When you log onto the site, scroll down to below the forums menu to see who is online here; if no one is in the chatroom, go ahead in and then PM everyone on the site to let them know & invite them in.  I check the site throughout the day, but often I don't have time to chat.  But people do use the chatroom, and if you check the topic elsewhere on the forum, Melissa is hosting it on Tuesdays.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What time on Tuesdays?? I go there too to chat but it takes forever for it to load for me.

Lyn