10/22/05 Three Wishes

Minis On The Edge

I can only think of one wish and I wish it every year at this time and that is, I wish I could spend a Christmas with my son and his family. He's a minister for the United Church of Canada in Winnipeg and of course, it's their busiest time of the year so he's not able to get away. Since he's been married (ten years now), we haven't spent a Christmas together. I know it would be nice to go to him but my husband is 75 y/o and a creature of habit and doesn't like to travel during the winter. Well, who knows, one of these years!!

Wendy

Three wishes, hmmmm...

I wish that we will stay healthy, that we will be able to get together as a family and that the roads will be safe for all of us who travels back and forth during the winter season!

Hugs

Three wishes:

1. That all of my loved ones have happy, healthy lives.

2. That crime ceases in the world, and people go back to where they used to help their friends and neighbors and not be afraid to walk down the street.

3. Money. And lots of it. You don't think I'm stupid, do ya?

my first wish would be for world wide tolerance.

tolerant of religous beliefs, racial and cultural differences.

my 2nd wish would be for Happiness...or the ability to be happy

for all people. I have watched people for years and most have forgotten how to be Happy. to take pleasure in small things. like a beautiful sunset or a well written poem. the unhappiness people live with is within themselves to change.

I wish for all of them the ability to make the change.

my 2nd wish would be for wisdom

the wisdom to change the things we can and the wisdom to know when to leave things we cannot change.

do I sound sappy?

our sons,husbands, fathers,brothers,nephews,uncles,and now mothers,sisters,daughters,wives and aunts would not have to serve in wars if we could achieve at least one of the things mentioned above.

God Bless us one and all!

nutti ;)

my 2nd wish would be for wisdom

the wisdom to change the things we can and the wisdom to know when to leave things we cannot change.

do I sound sappy?

You don't need to wish for that nutti, you've already got it! And no you don't sound sappy, you sound wise.

Linda, I sure don't think lots of money is a bad thing to wish for, it's #1 on my list!

My three wishes:

1) Lots of money...enough to share with lots of people!

2) Peace, health and happiness throughout the world. Everyone being brothers and sisters to each other.

3) "What the world needs now, is love sweet love" and "I'd like to teach the world to sing"

Doe

no wishing for more wishes either!
- ooops, this would be my number 1 wish if I ever met the good fairy! :p

"What the world needs now, is love sweet love"
- I love that song!!! :blink:

My 3 wishes:

1) Peace on Earth

2) Health and Happiness

3) True, unconditional Love

"Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace" - IMAGINE - John Lennon ;)

My three wishes would be:

1. That my mother would meet a tall, dark (grey with a full head of hair would do) and handsome man to love and care for her.

2. Lots of money to pay off all the debts of mine and family and close friends and enough left over to take us all on a warm sunny vacation!

3. Peace, Love, Health and Happiness for people everywhere and that they can know the experience of "JOY" given from God.

1. Looser fitting clothes (I need to drop a few pounds (OK, more than a few pounds))

2. A mild winter

3. Since you guys already covered the important stuff, I wish that all of your wishes come true!

If I had the a fourth wish, it would be that my pets acquire the power of speech. I waste way too much time wondering what they are thinking.

I’m going to cheat here and sneak in another:

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Dean

Dean: I love your wish - that my pets would have the power of speech - wouldn't that be wonderful. Ray doesn't think this would be a good idea: he thinks that the felines would mostly whine.

My three wishes:

1. That everyone in the world would understand and accept God's plan for salvation through Jesus Christ.

2. I'd love for animals to be able to talk.

3. I'll admit it - I'm materialistic - I'd like lots more money.

Susanne

Three Wishes! Well I will try not to get sappy this time....well maybe.

1. Money! At least enough to get out of debt....LOL and extra for all of our kids and grandkids and others...

2. For everyone in the World to take a day off and have peace!

3. All the boys, girls, men and women of the Armed Services to be safe.

See did not get too carried away.

:lol: 1. i would have to say my first wish would be that everyone recieve Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.

2. next would be for peace, in our hearts and minds, and in the world.

3. Health, and much happiness for my children and grandchildren. :blink:

and i know we only get 3 but i would also wish for the desire to be more helpful, and caring of others

• 11 months later...

I know I should be more altruistic in my wishes but I feel like being a little selfish....

Wish #1: I wish that I could go to all of my doctors and they all tell me collectively that I am healed of all of my ailments. No more tests, no more pills, no more aches and pains.

Wish #2: I wish that I would wake up one morning and find my house is completely paid off and re-done. Brand new. And it didnt cost me a penny.

Wish #3: I wish that both of my girls grow up to be happy, healthy, and completely satisfied with the lives they choose to live with no doubts and no hardship.

I love your reply as well Dean, that my pets could talk with me; however, I bet that petlovers all over the world already understand quite a bit of their furry or feathery friends language without realizing it.

Katharina