Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'sanfranciscan'.
Back when I started building the Duracraft San Franciscan, the one made of MDF, I decided it needed a basement, so a carpenter friend of mine cut one for me based on my specs. It's got window openings and an opening for stairs. I'm not asking any money for it, just the cost of sending it to where it would need to go. I think I can get packing materials for free. I've posted some pics, although they're not the best, but they'll give you an idea of the piece. It's made from 1/2" thick excellent quality wood. I decided to go in a different direction and didn't build the house, but I hate to just throw away the basement because someone might have use for it. So, I'll post it here and see if there are any takers. I planned on making it into a kitchen and laundry room. Two of the photos show the "Ceiling" as the floor. The stair opening is actually on the top of the structure. I have some more recent photos I can email if anyone should contact me. The center wall is not included, but you can see how the room layout would look if you added a wall. The ceiling height is 8.5" and I used the actual floor piece (MDF) from the original kit, so it matches up exactly. As far as components go, I had used what was shown in the photos. There's a sliding glass door by Miniature House and I used windows from Earth and Tree. If you need components, I can see what I have and we could discuss pricing on those items. But, the basement itself is free of charge to anyone who could use it. Any questions or for more information, send me a message. I'm located in MA so if you're in the area, I can meet you with it as well. Probably a long shot, but hey, you never know! Robin P.S. If you wanted to make a donation for this item, I'd ask $10 that I could give to a local animal rescue.
From the album: San Franciscan InteriorI made a huge faux pas, I made the loo the largest of the room in the San Franciscan....before proceeding I decided to switch the master with the bathroom....it required re-flooring the bathroom, removing the tile walls and wallpapering. The drapes which I made and stitched every little ring to the drapes and then hung them on the rod I made....to say I way annoyed was an understatement. In the end it was worth every sore fingertip...the master bedroom is elegant and airy yet welcoming. The Bespaq settee sits in front of the windows so the mistress can put on her shoes or read a chapter or two. The lingerie chest holds some of her beloved items....the bed, I soldered and painted and covered with linens from Wendy Dollhouse. The night stand, an HOM kit ....the armoire is painted and the door pulls are glass beads from my Mom's collection...she used these same beads in making each of us a beautiful Christmas stocking...the final touch, a June Clinkscales piece so that the mistress can step unto the bed when she's ready to retire for the evening. Some finishing touches are still needed, but I couldn't be more pleased with how she's coming along.