Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'beacon hill'.
Well, I've done quite a bit since the last entry. The stairs are complete & fully installed. I stained them with a beech stain, to keep them very natural looking & light. I've widened most of the doorways so I can put in upgraded doors if I want to. My original idea was to make bead curtains for the doorways, but I'm not sure my patience will run to doing that for all of them! The hall & landings are all wallpapered with full scale (1:1) wallpaper; it's the first time I've tried it & I like the effect. The next step is to fit the curved roof.
Here are the early photos - 2 of the dry fit & then a couple of the staircases. I decided to install the stairs before they were fully assembled, as I knew they could be a bit tricky to get in. Doing it this way, the staircases were quite flexible & easy to get into place. Finishing off the assembling was no problem either.