Jump to content


Silver Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ccr22112

  • Rank

Previous Fields

  • Dollhouse Building Experience
  • Real Name

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you! That was definitely really helpful and informative! I do feel better about giving it a go now
  2. Thanks for your response. That was my thought too. Wiring is super intimidating to me, but I'm sure everyone feels like that at first. All the better to figure it out since there's no chance that this will be the only dollhouse I work on. It's too much fun. I was able to fix the warped floor without much trouble, I think. So I'm feeling good about that. I was ready to pull it out but after a little work and a lot of weights and propping, it's looking good. I think it will be fine once everything is reglued and secured. I anticipate 1004 other issues will present th
  3. Good morning! I've just started working on restoring my childhood dollhouse (a Duracraft FH-505). The house was wired, and I'm of course finding tapewire under the flooring and wallpaper as I remove it. The plug was at some point ripped out, and one of the fixtures was pulled out leaving a wire dangling from the ceiling. I'm curious if this is something that could (possibly, assuming there aren't further issues that I'm not aware of) be repaired or if I should strip out the tape wire as I work on removing the glue from the floors. I've been going back and forth ab
  4. ccr22112


    This looks so cool! I've never seen one in red but it looks so nice for it!
  5. Thanks! I feel like I've been learning a lot just from pulling everything out. It's a little nerve wracking (and a little sad) to strip it down to nothing, but I'm excited to see it start to come back together eventually
  6. Hello! My parents gave me a beautiful dollhouse about 25 years ago and I loved playing with it for years. As I got older my dollhouse got used by my many nieces and nephews, and put through varying amounts of abuse. Eventually it was stored in a shed for about 10 years until I found it the other day. I'm hoping to restore it to its former beauty for my daughters. The house is a Duracraft Farmhouse FH 505. I cleaned it first, removed the old mud dauber nests from the eaves (full of dead spiders, yuck) and have been removing the wallpaper and gross or damaged flooring to
  • Create New...