Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 03/03/2020 in Blog Entries

  1. Well, I might add some sealer here and there, but it's ready to box up and put in the mail. (Aunt J, I need an address!) Sourcing: Inspiration: Robin Carey's "The Darling House" [Chantilly] , the color purple, and the desire to make a Newberg like nobody ever saw before "Duval" railing, "Barbados" and "CiCi" porch grills, "Cumbria" brackets, "Marissa" gables (3 lg, 1 sm): Heritage Laserworks Corbels and "Victorian picket roof ridge cap": Manchester Woodworks Papers, fabrics, "greenery": Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's How to do the windows, door, 1st floor ceiling
    1 point
  2. So the gables are affixed, as well as the bottom trim for the house. Ready to start siding. Inbetween the Willowcrest, a "quick" project for one of my little nephews, who apparently is quite jealous of all his sisters getting a house but nothing for him! I've only got 'til November, when his birthday comes along. This has to be a very manly house; no lace or fine Victorian trim here. So I got a Corona Concepts Shadybrook cabin off Amazon, a very simple kit; it's made of 1/4"-thick plywood, so a bit different here than the kits that I'm used to: These plywood pieces are very c
    1 point
  3. After the quilts were done, I got into classic British murder mysteries-- I read all of the Inspector Appleby books (Michael Innes) that Kindle offers (very sad to run out ), then I read all the Inspector Grant (Josephine Tey), then I started in on Inspector Alleyn (Ngaio Marsh). Very absorbing, and a nice break from everything. Meanwhile I have picking here and there at the house: I discarded the turret because it didn't look good or fit well, and decided to go a different way that I think fits the rest of the house better. On Amazon, I found this plastic railing that I bought
    1 point
  4. Well it was a race to get the San Fran finished, and me plagued with allergies to boot, but I finally got it in the mail. Some pics- first of the base, which I covered with the brick powder treatment that came with the kit. I had never tried this stuff before and was a bit trepidatious, but it turned out pretty well; alot hardier than I had thought it was going to be. You would pretty much have to take a chisel to it to get it off! I decided not to install any more window treatments than the one in the green room because I had run out of time! (And also because they would interfere
    1 point
  5. Well I saw this and got inspired to make my own crazy quilt! The other two are by means of English paper piecing, 3/8" squares-- it's the only way I can keep it looking neat. Boy this is addicting. The two paper-pieced quilts are still stiff, mostly due to still having their papers in them. I need to de-paper, then back the quilts. I hope these new pics added to my gallery don't mess up my pics in my blog posts for the past couple yrs. With the new upgrade, the mapping between my blog posts and galleries got muddled and I had to ask for edit privileges and re-map
    1 point
  6. Had some fun with the kitchen curtains-- pleased with how these turned out: And the bathroom curtains: Using more cardstock forms with the curtains this time around: this cotton fabric is too thick to cooperate much in the way of fancy folds, but it will sit nicely on cardstock.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...