**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

We have a GREAT Announcement to make!!

To "Welcome" the Winter Season, we have decided to have a Contest with the theme of "Winter".

You can start with ANYTHING! A Roombox, Vignette, Dollhouse (any style or brand) or a Dome. Anything Goes so long as the theme is Winter. You can work in any Scale. There will be a total of 4 prizes awarded!

The rules will be as follows:

*Both new and previously made projects can be submitted, however, projects displayed in a show or exhibit can not be considered. only one entry per participant.

*Three photos must accompany each entry and the photos should be of "Very Good Quality" and should be close up shots so the Judges can see the details. If they can't see it, they can't judge it.

*Anyone registered with 5 or more posts is eligible to participate, including Moderators and Team Builders of the Greenleaf Community. We have judges not affiliated with Greenleaf to keep things fair and fun.

*Entries will be evaluated upon neatness/presentation, originality of ideas and materials, and design.

* Prizes will be awarded by the judges. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners.

*We will also have a vote for the "Forum Favorite". This will be a community choice, and the entire forum can choose and vote on the one they like the best. It will be a secret vote and the winner must be different from the three judge choices. A prize will also be awarded for this.

The Awards are as follows:

There will be one 1st place winner one 2nd place winner and one 3rd place winner. There will be a FF (Forum Favorite) winner too.

The Prizes are as follow:

1st place prize will be a Pierce Kit which is a $180 value

2nd place prize will be a McKinley Kit which is a $120 value

3rd place prize will be a Laurel Kit which is a $65 value

The "Forum Favorite" prize will be an Orchid Kit which is a $40 value.

Dust off your winter projects from last year or start a new one! Dead line to have your project complete and pictures sent in is:

December 31, 2005

Please send me your best 3 pictures to myminishop@yahoo.com and I will upload the pictures.

Please feel free to send your questions to me (I will not be joining in the projects but will join in on the fun)! More details soon to follow!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I'm so totally out of my league here. There are so many experienced miniaturists that I may just have to sit back and enjoy the show. But ... the prizes are soooo very tempting...

Trudi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give it a try! Don't give up before the attempt, you might surprise yourself and come up with something grand:)

Have faith Trudi, nothing ventured, nothing gained :rolleyes:

Winter is on our minds up here in Canada ... temperatures are hovering just above the freezing mark. Snow should be here anytime soon.

I'm ready to start a winter project....{lightbulb goes on in her head}

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING TO DO!!

Ooh, sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I'm so totally out of my league here. There are so many experienced miniaturists that I may just have to sit back and enjoy the show. But ... the prizes are soooo very tempting...

Trudi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trudi,

I have to agree with Cat here- Enter! <_< I'm not what you'd call an "experienced" miniaturist either - but how much fun is this :( - getting to do a project with other folks showing off your results and taking a chance on winning a great prize - heck even without the prizes offered it's still fun! :D Like I said I have a few ideas.. but will I finish one? I hope so but between you and me I have a terrible track record for finishing projects lol :rolleyes: Even so I'm gonna work on it :D

- David

Trudi,

I have to agree with Cat here- Enter! B) I'm not what you'd call an "experienced" miniaturist either - but how much fun is this :D - getting to do a project with other folks showing off your results and taking a chance on winning a great prize - heck even without the prizes offered it's still fun! :D  Like I said I have a few ideas.. but will I finish one? I hope so but between you and me I have a terrible track record for finishing projects lol  :lol:  Even so I'm gonna work on it  B)

- David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

David,

I know you wrote this for Trudi, but you talked me into it, too. ;) How 'bout it Trudi? Shall we take a stab at it? :lol: I think I know what I'd like to do, sort of .....We'll see what happens.

Doe

David,

I know you wrote this for Trudi, but you talked me into it, too.  ;) How 'bout it Trudi? Shall we take a stab at it?  B) I think I know what I'd like to do, sort of .....We'll see what happens.

Doe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Awesome! The more the merrier :lol: HO HO HO :lol:

-David

Wow, the contest sounds great and very exciting! ;) But I have some questions... :lol: Can members from Europe participate too? And are indoor, in particular Christmas, scenes allowed too?

David,

I know you wrote this for Trudi, but you talked me into it, too.  ;) How 'bout it Trudi? Shall we take a stab at it?  :lol: I think I know what I'd like to do, sort of .....We'll see what happens.

Doe

Well, it's growing on me, I'm trying to come up with the perfect scene, but I'm not terribly creative. Maybe I'll browse around the internet some and see if any inspiration strikes. I think I have an idea, don't know if it would be too difficult for me tho. I'll have to draft it up on paper and see what all I think I'd need, then go from there. Finances are definitely an issue so I'll have to really improvise on my supplies :lol: Ooh, I'm starting to get more ideas just sitting here typing this, better write them down quick before I forget them! <*zoom*, the sound of a cartoon character spinning its legs so fast that they become a blur, seconds before it actually start to fly around the screen>

Trudi

Can members from Europe participate too? And are indoor, in particular Christmas, scenes allowed too?

Yes, Anyone who is a member of the forum (with at least 5 posts) can enter and Christmas is a holiday that occurs in the winter months so Yes, you can have a Christmas scene! ;)

Finances are definitely an issue so I'll have to really improvise on my supplies :lol:  Ooh, I'm starting to get more ideas just sitting here typing this, better write them down quick before I forget them! Trudi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Trudi,

Just a few thoughts on getting around the finances stuff - if you want to do a room box a cardboard box would even work or I've seen some whole houses even made of foam core- a little molding around the windows and who would know? (if there are windows that is) :lol: And for my planned project I've been buying used (and some of them broken) christmas ornaments at yard sales - hit the jackpot weekend before last and I get them for 10-25 cents each - this time of year (at least around here) people seem to be getting rid of old christmas stuff to make room for the incoming new stuff. And a lot of it can be used for winter (non holiday) ideas too - like the little ornament sled I picked up - it'd be great either under a christmas tree.. or for kids sliding down a snow bank B) In my town I'm sometimes refered to as the 'king of yardsales'.... well it's better than being called "Mr. Cheap" ;) LOL And don't forget printies!! there are lots of great things you can make with your computer and printer!! This is going to be so much fun :D - so don't let finances hinder you cause I know lots of folks can help out with ideas and links etc. Sometimes you can even find stuff laying around outdoors like small twigs cut would be great logs - yep I'm cheap.

-David

Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes to do things on the cheap. Yeah, foam core is doable, I think I even have some lying around. Anything printable I can definitely handle and polymer clay stuff is fine too. Call me Ms. Cheap because I love thrift stores and our local store has quite a nice Christmas section so I'll have to look with this in mind next time I go. Thanks for the encouragement and support ;)

Trudi

For that matter, you could reasonably do a Hannukah scene, or Kwanzaa, or Winter Solstice, or Di Pavli, or whatever wintery holiday you might celebrate. Jingle those bells & flake that snow! ;) :lol: :lol:

Winter is on our minds up here in Canada ... temperatures are hovering just above the freezing mark.  Snow should be here anytime soon.

I'm ready to start a winter project....{lightbulb goes on in her head}

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING TO DO!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shalean... I know just what you are talking about. I lived in Calgary a number of years ago and I know what the winters get like out west.

It is starting to show signs of nasty weather soon to come here and really I am in no hurry for it.

I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this contest.