I made a pond ...

Lisa R.

I'll be setting it in a garden setting - but that is proving sloooow work. I used Easycast clear casting epoxy for the water (and I discovered my kitchen table is not level!).

Lisa R.

Stunning! What is everything made of? Fimo? I love the koi fish. I have always been afraid to try epoxy. Seeing everyone's beautiful work makes me more daring because I want to be able to make such lovely pieces.

that is really beautiful. i wish i was that creative. whenever i try to come up with something creative i draw a big blank until like four am. then i think of everything...lol

I love your pond it is great!!!

I made one couple weeks ago it is in my gallery..

Did you make your lilies? I love them!!

I used realistic water not sure how keen I am on it though...

What a perfect little pond! I really like the pink lilies, too. Nice job, Lisa! You said your kitchen table isn't level - my kitchen floor isn't level! When I try to make a "waterscape", I'll have to remember about keeping it level.

Jennifer, what is it about realistic water that you're not so keen on?

It's beautiful - I love it. Pets-at-Home could find they have a sudden rush on lizards' drinking bowls!

I'd like to know why you used the casting resin, rather than scenic water, as well, please & a tutorial would be great.

Jackie

I'd like to know why you used the casting resin, rather than scenic water, as well, please

Jackie

I used casting resin over scenic water for a few reasons.

1. I cannot buy scenic water locally so would have had to pay postage to order it.

2. I read other members experiences and casting resin always seems to have come out crystal clear - which was what I wanted. The cast is just over 1/2" thick and I didn't want the color that I had applied to the stones at the bottom to bleed.

3. I wanted the surface to be really hard as I have a family or porcelain swans that are ready to inhabit the pond.

It worked just fine and although the resin is a little pricey I do have plenty left for future projects.

Lisa R.

Absolutely stunning work!!! Bravo! Did you make the koi? How did you ever get them to stay upright?

No I did not make the koi - I bought them (6) on ebay for 1.00GDP the seller had great postage rates so it made it very reasonable.

All of the rocks. plants and fish are were super-glued in place before I added the resin.

Lisa R.

I have always been afraid to try epoxy. Seeing everyone's beautiful work makes me more daring because I want to be able to make such lovely pieces.

Ahh i have a method i use that cheap and looks good, here is what you do for 'water'

Make your pond

Fill the base

LAYER The white glue no more than half an inch, allow 5-6 days to dry

Should be clear. If not give it more time HOWEVER,

If the glue is slightly hardened, DO NOT USE IT. It will become milky and unclear.

I know it take a while but i like it. :wave:

Ohhhh, that pond looks fantastic! And who can beat that price for the kois'??? Absolutley great!

Will have to see if I might be able to locate that resin kind of stuff around here as well...

Hugs

Ahh i have a method i use that cheap and looks good, here is what you do for 'water'

Make your pond

Fill the base

LAYER The white glue no more than half an inch, allow 5-6 days to dry

Should be clear. If not give it more time HOWEVER,

If the glue is slightly hardened, DO NOT USE IT. It will become milky and unclear.

I know it take a while but i like it. :wave:

This sounds a great idea, worth playing around with. Do you have any pics of your pond?

Jackie