You will need:

DSC06043.jpg

sheet of paper in color you would like your rose

heart punch

floral wire

Elmer’s glue

tooth pick

Step 1:

Punch out several hearts from your paper. You will need about 8 - 10 hearts per rose.

Step 2:

Cut a piece of floral wire. You’ll only want it an inch at the end, but you can cut it longer to make it easier to work. It’s easy to cut it down later.

Step 3:

Fold a heart in half, lengthwise and unfold. You will do this with every heart you use for your roses. Use a toothpick to place glue along the crease. Glue to the top of your piece of wire.

DSC06044.jpg

DSC06045.jpg

Step 4:

Put just a bit of glue at the bottom of the crease of your next heart.

DSC06049.jpg

You’ll want to attach this heart to the heart already on your wire. You’ll want the round part of this heart to be on the side of the flat part of the first one.

DSC06046.jpg

DSC06047.jpg

Step 5.

Put glue on the bottom of the crease of your next heart. Glue to the bottom of your budding rose, off to one side. Repeat on the other side.

DSC06051.jpg

DSC06052.jpg

Step 6.

Glue your next heart along the “seam” formed by the last two hearts. Repeat on the opposite side of your bud.

DSC06053.jpg

Repeat Steps 5 and 6 one or two times, until your rose has as many petals as you would like for it to have. Let dry.

DSC06055.jpg

Step 7.

Once dry, gently shape each “petal” by bending, slightly curling, etc.

DSC06057.jpg

DSC05987.jpg

Mega thank you, Tam, I wanted one of these tutorials because eventually I have to make roses to on the trellis for the Magnolia. I couldn't tell from the pictures, but did you use Post-It paper? It looks heavier than giftwrap tissue or crepe paper.

I actually just used colored multi-purpose paper that I found next to reg white printer paper at walmart. I think the thickness is pretty accurate with that paper.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks really great, will have tot ry this as I have ooooodles of coloured printer paper around and I actually have a heart punch as well, yay!!! Thanks, something new to try out, I need to make more flowers for the flower shop...

Hugs