Keeping busy

I am interested in seeing all the projects everyone has going on.I have been hearing about some of them in chat. I thought I would start with mine. You can see the progress so far on my Magnolia house HERE

I am having a lot of fun with it.

so far have invested $13 in the project for 1 bottle of craft paint and some faux iron fencing that I am waiting to recieve. I am mainly using stuff I have around the house to paint and decorate with.

so what have YOU been working on???? Curios minds want to know.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just today got back to my Garfield. I have been away in Las Vegas for a month visiting my son and it was great. I have made a lot of progress and I will soon be putting it together. I like to do a lot of stuff before I put up my walls and working on the Arbor ,staining and painting has been a long process I do have pictures of my progress and I am going to post them soon. Your house is lovely. I love it :monkeydance:

i did some priming today on my walls... i'm weeping from warping here! i guess the wood is to thin. it's not like i glob the stuff on there either! i'm very meticulious and would rather do 3 thin coats if i have to, but it still warps! i'm about ready to break something here...

ok, breathe in...... breathe out.......

I have been dressing "Maggie", as those of you I've cated with recently know. In fact, I have another roll of film ready to process, but HERE are the pictures of the early stages.

I made up some HOM kits a while back and will use some of the bedroom furniture. I'm making a woven ribbon quilt for the tester bed (taking a break from all that teensy, tiny stitching). I made a bunkbed that I thought turned out well. I'm going to make a set of drawers to go with the bunks, if I have enough jelly packets (I see a trip to Waffle House in the near future if not). I may temporarily house my Roper range & GE icebox in this one until I can make up the Corona kitchen kit :monkeydance: This one is just so incredibly elegant it inspires me to let out ALL the stops! Cover your ears, everyone.

I'm working on the Orchid, building things for the landscaping.....you can see it in my gallery....I will post some pics later tonight of the progress I've made today......the name for the Orchid is The Newman Homestead....and there is a story....haven't gotten around to writing it yet....

I've been busy working on my Gloucester, the pictures are already in my Gallery. I'm trying to spend less on this house so I've been using kits that I had made and just refurbished them a bit. When I need a change, I'm cross stitching a round 8" rug for under the diningroom table. I've been workin' hard on this dollhouse.

I seem to be working on a bike shop for my brother....I have had all of the stuff for it for a long time just have never taken the time to put it all together. I am using an old tin breadbox for the structure. so far I am pleased with the results.

we have display/office area in front

big wide door way leading into the garage/bathroom side.

the only thing I am lacking is a desk. the motorcycles are 1/18th scale. so I will have to make a desk....I would love a printable one but have no way to size it down if I found one. so its last on my list of things to do.

very low key project to keep my mind occupied.

ohhhh and i have made steps in the right direction on the houseboat...but my mind is way to full to deal with all the parts of that so I just work on it in spurts.

nutti :(

the photos are from when I was trying to see if the breadbox would work...I have alot more done than this.

post-9-1177976473_thumb.jpgpost-9-1177976484_thumb.jpgpost-9-1177976513_thumb.jpg

Well, the Pierce is still in the box, and the Orchid is still "in progress" though backshelved due to trying to finish my potting shed roombox in time for Mother's Day... Just got some accessories in from dollhousecollectibles.com (good service, no complaints); here it is so far:

I am very tickled with the Reutters vases! They are my special "splurge" item for this project.

Now hubby is asking how in the world would someone fit in the room with all the stuff I am aiming to stuff in there... Hmmm...

I hope to have pictures soon, but I'm finishing up my kitchen conservatory. I just went through a dry spell of about three or four weeks of not wanting to do any work on my dollhouse at all. This weekend, though, I got back into it. All I have left is hanging curtains, installing the sink into the countertop and attaching, getting the hinges on the cabinet doors (have to order those so they'll have to wait), and doing some touch up painting. I also have to hinge the one wall, but I'm not worried about that for now. I'm hoping to be mostly completed by the weekend, now if only the rest of the house would fall in line.

I'm so happy with how the conservatory turned out that I keep staring at it.

I have been working on the Glencroft. I have both gables attached now and the interior of the second floor finished...as far as I can tell. Every time I say it is finished, I notice another area that needs touching up. Oh, but the floor is not done yet, so I guess I am not finished. :( . I have been crafting minis to place around the house. I need more furniture though. I suppose I should dig through my furniture kits and see what I have to work with. I wanted all white wire furnishings, but I don't think that is gonna happen. Maybe if I hit the lottery. :whistle: I did find a fantastic bargain at Hobby Lobby the other day. Let me see if I can get the pics to work.. Look closely at the price stickers to see the bargain I got. I think they will work great for the grass and pathway stones for the landscaping of the Glencroft.

WOW! you did get a bargin!

and that stuff goes a long way!

I usually use my 40% off coupon for those when I need them.

looking forward to seeing them put to use!

nutti :(

I have been painting my Storybook Cottage and my Robin's Roost. I haven't taken new pictures in awhile and probably won't get to it until Thursday. I am going to try paperclaying stones on the front of the Storybook and I have fabric for the interior walls, but painted the walls a matching color so if the fabric isn't enough it will still look all right.

I've been so busy gutting out the apartment since our tenants moved out and I need to build a new cellar bulkhead and steps, and two small decks I've just been too busy for my minis. I hope to start on my houses again this summer or fall. I'll be more than ready by then. :(

Greg -

I hear you. I sure understand how real-life can sometimes get in the way of miniature projects.

I finished my robins' roost, and have dry-fitted my White Orchid. I'm still waiting on some electrical supplies.

The bad news is that I'm working for the next 6 weeks straight. The lady I job-share with is taking some much-needed holiday time. The good news is that when she gets back towards the beginning of June, I'm taking 6 weeks vacation time myself.

This is a good idea: getting updates on what everybody is doing all under one thread.

-Susanne

Well, as some of you know, this is gardening and spring cleaning time for me so I've been out in the yard working my finger nails to the quick! When it's raining I'm trying to get the cleaning done. I also have a major amount of painting to get done by July as we're having house guests. Talk about incentive!

Other than that mini's have been on hold. I still need to varnish the furniture in the White Orchid and so some trim in the Willowcrest and then those two projects are pretty much done, except for more furniture and accessories for the Willowcrest, which will come eventually.

I'm waiting on a McKinley which I will build during the summer on rainy days . . . maybe even squeeze in some hot summer days! :( I'm really excited about this project!

In the fall I think I'm going to either do the Pierce or the Magnolia . . . I haven't decided which yet.

So much to do . . . so little time!

Hi all :(

I been puttering around with the Beacon Hill. We just finished remodeling our family room/finished basement and was busy painting, staining etc. that room. It's done now so I started "playing again" with the BH. I just made a gallery of it this morning of my progress so far Here I have so many ideas for it but never enough time.

Leaving for CA tomorrow morning to visit my daughter until Monday and then when we get back it will be gardening time, so I don't know when I will be able to get much done in the near future on my minis. Such is live right!

I haven't put my order in yet as I haven't finished our budget for the month but, I am determined to buy a dollhouse this month dagnabit! I have kept busy harassing everyone at the forum with questions and commentary. Still planning it oout I think I will be able to buy two kits. I think I may...may..do a Pippi longstocking house. I do so love her! :(

Great topic, I've enjoyed reading through it.

I'm finishing my Italian Courtyard, which I made on a 3 day course, learning about paperclay. It was great fun & so useful for me. We worked like mad, but didn't have time to make the flowers, so I've been doing that.

The tall climber is still bare ... I need some modelling foam, I think.

post-313-1178044506_thumb.jpg

post-313-1178044498_thumb.jpg

Then today I opened my Fantasy Villa :(

I'm dry building & hoping to paperclay it like Tracy did. I have a feeling it won't turn out quite so good as hers :whistle:

Oh, yes & I also cut a baseboard, today, for my Aster cottage & have planned the layout of the garden.

I think that's enough to be getting on with!

Jackie

AAAAKKKK I am loving the Italian courtyard scene!

that is wonderful!

perhaps your villa will not be the same as Tracy's but I imagine it will be just as wonderful.

paperclay is a very forgiving medium to work in and looks so good when painted up!

I love everyones projects!

where did you take the courtyard class?

nutti :blush:

Lets see, i have been working on my second build like mad. I am also researching doing a room box. looking at some ideas in my head, so to speak. I have also been finishing the decorating on my first house. still have some work to do.....

I've just recently finished up my WO and furniture kits for it. Tried my hand at landscaping it by making the tree, still need to build a pond and a walkway for it. But mainly I'm waiting for my rib to heal completely so I can start the Magnolia. I have sealed all the wood with sanding sealer. In the meantime, I'm unpacking all my tools and materials so I'll be ready hopefully this weekend to start the actual build.