Sconce and Chandelier Adapters

Jeffrey

I have both of these adaptors, but I need a good amount of time, patience and energy to try them out. The instructions look a little complicated, but, I'm sure it can be done. If I can get to them this weekend, I'll post my experience ...wish me luck :blink:

• 9 months later...

I was originally going to just hardwire my fixtures into the tapewire, but stumbled across these and had to get them. They aren't really all that difficult to use--my biggest hurdle is getting the special eyelets into the MDF walls of my dh! It helps to make a starter hole with a regular eyelet partway, and then use their special ones. The only thing I don't like much is that you have to glue their little gold circle (the piece you see in the sconce picture with the indentation in the middle) onto your fixture. The little indentation is for snapping the pronged circle into (I originally thought that the indentation was for the base of your fixture to go into). But really, when you're done, the little extra gold layer on top of your fixture hardly makes a difference.

It has held up pretty well; I didn't have the fuss of hardwiring, I can change fixtures any time I want, and it works well enough to keep a connection through the posterboard and textured paper I have on the ceiling (the first adaptor I got kept falling out because the prongs were too short). I'd get them again for another dh, if my next project wasn't a period colonial house!

Melissa

I've used both the sconce and chandelier adapters. I don't believe I'll use them again. The sconces worked all right, but I don't know that it's worth the effort of making the switch. The chandelier adapter you show in the link is pretty useless unless you figure out a way to repeal the law of gravity. There is a chandelier adapter that screws into a plate in the ceiling. I used that for a chandelier in a very narrow stairwell, as changing bulbs in that space would have been impossible with the chandelier in place. That worked very well. I think I got it at Cir-Kit Concepts.

OOOPS ... dunno why this posted twice. Sorry!

I've used both the sconce and chandelier adapters. I don't believe I'll use them again. The sconces worked all right, but I don't know that it's worth the effort of making the switch. The chandelier adapter you show in the link is pretty useless unless you figure out a way to repeal the law of gravity. There is a chandelier adapter that screws into a plate in the ceiling. I used that for a chandelier in a very narrow stairwell, as changing bulbs in that space would have been impossible with the chandelier in place. That worked very well. I think I got it at Cir-Kit Concepts.

The wall sconce adapters are worth it, I agree that the ceiling ones are hard to get to stay up. It is easier with the ceiling fixtures to simplye wire to the tape to the floor above, and cover it with carpet or what ever. They are easy to use. Reading the directions helps. They also sell that little booklet that goes with the tape electircal system I find very handy for a refrence.