I cant sell my truck!!

Jeffrey

I got a 98 chevy blazer in january but i cant drive it until i sell the old one for insurance reasons. so my question is...

does anyone know of any services that buy old cars. most places that say they do will not because its older than a 99 or something like that. they say they will take it away but not buy it from me. its not fair for an 18 year old guy (or anyone for that matter) to get a truck and then not be able to drive it! lol

...or is anyone interested in a slightly bent 92 chevy blazer? lol its reasonably priced and would make a great work truck or maybe someone could transform it into the mini-mobile! :) lol

Presumably you've checked junk yards.

Do you really have to SELL it? You might check -- here in Wisconsin there is a form you fill out that indicates the vehicle is "no longer licensed, no longer on the road,", you pay a small fee, and you park the sucker in the back of the barn and it rots away. The folks that will take it away for you -- same thing -- you turn the title over to them, you no longer own the vehicle, so you should be able to go ahead and insure your new wheels.

well the thing is i really need the money because i need to pay my dad back for half of the newer one and i am currently unemployed. i have an interview on saturday though so wish me luck lol

Jeffery I wish you luck on your interview...hope it all goes well for you....and here in Ky...you can go to the court house and junk it out....you pay a small fee also....I have one now sitting in the drive way junked out...I've tried to sell it and have had no luck....so I asked this guy that runs a garage if he wanted to buy it and he said he would think on it and get back with me in a few days....

I hope you can sell your truck.....

thanks, im wishing me luck on my interview also lol

and as for the car its not really even junked out. it runs fine and the only problems with it are from a minor accident which include some rust above the wheel, a bent bumper and one headlight needs to be straightened out but it still lights up all on the right front of the car. its definitely no dream car. its old but it runs great.

hmmmm, have you tried listing it with Craigslist or eBay?

in most areas, craigslist is free. there's a cost for merchants, but not for just plain folks.

that's what my dsd did, for selling a car.

hope it sells soon, and that the interview goes well!

:)

We have been thru this ourselves.

-Your options are junk it and have it towed away for free.

-Donate it and use the tax right off

-Go to local body shop,reconditioning shop, transmission shop, etc and ask if anyone is interested

-List it in the paper (may cost a fee but you might sell it)

-Try to get in contact with a auto wholesaler in your area and see if you can get anywhere near blue book

-Some junk yards will give you money for the truck for parts..some not all.

-Put for sale sign in the window and see if anyone you know that lives in a high traffic area will let you park it in their yard on weekends.

-Ebay

I hope you can get the truck off of your hands sooner then later. Have you look up the value yet on Kelly`s blue book online?

Carmax buys automobiles without a trade in, and they don't rip you off, if there is one in your neighborhood.

Ebay is definitely an option - you can select local pick up and give them a radius you would drive to. If you don't have an account, list it with someone who has strong feedback if you can so you'll get decent bids for it.

Do you, personally, know a mechanic? My brother fixed my SUV up when I bought a new car and we split the profits for the work he needed to put into it to get it to pass inspection.

Heidiiiii has offered good advice (she always does, so I'm not surprised).

I live in a big city, so an advertisement (cheap) always nets lots of inquiries.

All the best on your job interview. Please let us know what happens.

-Susanne

-Your options are junk it and have it towed away for free. i need the money

-Go to local body shop,reconditioning shop, transmission shop, etc and ask if anyone is interested they said they would take it fix it put it on their lot and give me half of the profit but i have to pay for the repairs.

-List it in the paper (may cost a fee but you might sell it) i had it in the local auto shopper for a month but its expensive.

-Try to get in contact with a auto wholesaler in your area and see if you can get anywhere near blue book bluebook says 2500 for the condition its in, im only asking for 1500 or best offer.

-Put for sale sign in the window and see if anyone you know that lives in a high traffic area will let you park it in their yard on weekends. i have had signs in the window for 2 months and posters in local shops with tear off info strips.

i really dont know what else to do becaus i feel like i have tried everything. so my next options are either ebay or the body shop option.

Here in Montana you have two choices.....you take off the plates and drive it to a deserted road, or you can put it up for auction in Missoula..... Perhaps your town has an auction. Worth looking into.

Wolfie

hey again, jeff,

craigslist is another option, worth considering since it is free.

hang in there!

thanks

i guess i will have to try it as its one of the only options left :whistle:

We have been thru this ourselves.

--Donate it and use the tax right off

This isn't much of an option for a young single guy. Most likely he won't have enough other deductions to exceed the standard deduction so he won't get to use it as a deduction at all.

Kathy

Oh I just thought of something!

You owe your Dad money for the truck right?

So sell it to him for $10 (you have to sell if for something) and then he could donate it for the tax deduction! If he uses itemized deductions on his taxes that would more then cover what you owe him..You have to figure out how much town taxes on the truck would be and how much of a deduction he would get from the donation to see if it would cost him money in the long run or give him a tax break!

See the lil ole brain is still ticking!

now THAT is an excellent idea!

there usually are some PBS stations (TV and Radio) that want auto donations and might help with the relevant paperwork and tax questions.

I know two people who have bought cars on Ebay, but none who have sold them. I don't know how it works exactly, but if it were me, I'd polish it up real pretty, take a nice picture of it and list it. Be prepared as buyers will want to come over for a test drive. Just be sure you don't get taken - there are a lot of con artists out there. Get cash and proper paperwork before giving them the title and the car. Ebay has online chatrooms with people to help you I think. You might check with Paypal, too, as a source of payment because buyer could put it on their credit card without you seeing their credit card number.

This isn't much of an option for a young single guy. Most likely he won't have enough other deductions to exceed the standard deduction so he won't get to use it as a deduction at all.

Kathy

actually i just looked into it and since i owe the money to my father and the car is in his name he would get the money anyway.