The Pepto Palace Revisited

Lony

My first and only thus far. Most of the people that were on the old board remember the frantic month last christmas when I put together my mothers house. My mother grew up very poor and did not even have a doll to play with much less a doll house. She started collecting dolls a few years ago and I decided that she needed a house too since she had an empty nest and lots of room for one. I had purchased another house prior to the Annabelle but it was MDF and kinda small. After seeing all of the adorable stuff at the doll house store I knew I was going to have to go bigger. Thats when Annabelle came into the picture.

To make a long story short I had one month to complete the house and 1000 miles to take it to mom. We stuffed it into the back of the 53 Jeep we had restored for my dad and off we went. It made it in one piece (kinda) There were a few shingles that were sacrificed.

I realized that I did not have any pictures of the finished house. My sister kindly took some for me and I have posted them on my webshots.

Thanks.

looks good...and with photos of where everyting is you can make or buy her things to go into the house.....was she happy?

I love giving dollhouses to people who would never dreamed they wanted one

and to little girls....

nutti :)

She LOVED the house. It was really cute watching her and my step daughter (15) put all the stuff in the house. Before this is all said and done I am going to build her an entire city. LOL

Very nice but you could have warned us about the gingerbread houses. Very cool, Love the village.

Seems these gingerbread houses are a bit like Mony Pithons gondoliers.

Well my motto over that month was "Sleep is highly overrated" I was working full time, taking care of the family and working on that house. Too bad my house looked like a mini construction zone the whole time.

My hubby says I can't do another dollhouse until the kitchen and bathroom get remodled in our real house. (Give me a sledge hammer and get outta the way)

Sigh, well there is always the beginning of next year. I can still drool over everyones houses here though!!!!

do a smaller house...for Practice :lol:

a Christmas shop from a buttercup

or a Haunted house kit would be fun this time of year and a small house would take less room....less mess! well ok you could tell HIM that!

nutti :)

Before this is all said and done I am going to build her an entire city. LOL

Let's see, you'll need a general store so the little people can shop for essentials. A clinic for those check ups, a butcher where they can buy fresh meat... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...