Half scale kitchen cabinets

fov

I recently bought half scale kitchen cabinet kits for my Fairfield and Rosedale from Bonnie Lavish. She discontinued these kits several years ago but is thinking about offering them again to people who are interested (you can contact her through her website for info). The quality is great and I recommend them to any half scalers! More details about the ones I'm building for the Fairfield can be found on my blog.

Today I worked on the counter top but it's not quite done. I'll get some more pictures up later this week.

post-7-0-99438700-1317004774_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-57666200-1317004790_thumb.jpg

Cat, she told me she used to do some furniture kits but they didn't sell as well as the flowers so she started focusing on those. I think there's more demand now for half scale furniture than there was in ~2002 when she stopped selling these (maybe that's just my wishful thinking!)

Holly, yes, this is the counter top. My first speckling attempt was kind of lame. I've got it looking better now, not perfect (I'm a perfectionist!) but not bad for a first attempt. I like how it looks in general but am not sure I like it with the kitchen wallpaper. Here's a sneak peak. I'll post more pictures soon!

post-7-0-16415100-1317055977_thumb.jpg

I'm not good at cold messaging people, but I didn't see any references to furniture (besides the Adirondack chair).

I just feel weird emailing someone "Hey Chica, I hear you sell furniture kits." wink-wink-nudge

There are certainly more houses available now, which means there is a market for furniture. I personally have 9 houses which will need furniture of some kind, at some point. One of them has 11 or 13 rooms. It's no fun having the same furniture in every house. Variety is good, and I cannot possibly be the only person with multiple houses to furnish.

ETA: Oops, make that 10 houses. I forgot about the 1/24th lighthouse I built by RGT.

• 2 years later...

Restarting this conversation!

Does anyone know of a source similar to Bonnie Lavish's half scale cabinets? Her site is no longer active, so no luck in contacting her. I would love a set like Emily's! :bounce:

• Like 1

The ones I did in the Fairfield and the Rosedale were Bonnie Lavish kits. She made them special for me and a few other people on the half scale Yahoo group. I don't know if she's still doing custom orders like that but I can dig up her email address and send it to you if you want to inquire.

More recently I bashed the modern kitchen from SDK Miniatures to fit in my rowhouse. If you want to see how those turned out, go here and click through the five kitchen links under Queen Anne Rowhouse.