HGTV Designer's Challenge

queenannediva

Oh, I hope some Greenleaf members enter! I would participate if it weren't for the timing. My Rosedale is in the early decorating stages, but I wonder if that would be cheating? It says you can use a used dollhouse, but sort of implies the house should be "new to you"...?

Okay, I kinda want to do this! Even though its my first house... it doesn't say how I get in on it? And while I have facebook and twitter (I don't so much use twiter) I'm not sure how to 'link' in like it says. Someone teach me how to 'connect' with this thing! :)

I hope she posts more details about how to link up/join in--I'd love to get in on this. I think it would be fun to purposely go uber-low-budget...using as many scratch-made and/or re-purposed things as possible. I'm actually tempted to set myself a TOTAL budget of the amount she spent on her unfinished house alone and see what could be done with that. hmmmm...

Raspberry, I don't think going to LA is mandatory. It said something whoever "can" be there, I think. I'll reread it.

I would LOOOVe to enter something like this, but sadly my skill level just isn't up to it! I can't wait to see what you guys enter, though, I just know a Greenleafer will win!

If I weren't so slack about taking pics, I'd definitely join in. It's like the shoemaker's children not having shoes, I'm immersed up to my eyeballs in digital photography 50 hours a week... though I do manage to post a cat pic now and then.

I don't think this has to be a new house either, it's more about the decorating, so I think Emily's Rosedale would qualify. I guess I could try to take pics of the Coventry build. I'll have to think about it.

I'll have to re-read her criteria. Does it have to be an actual house, as in people live there? Or could it be a place of business? The deadline is about the same as the Creatin' Contest over at HBS. Perhaps the two could be combined? Anyone else doing the HBS contest? Hmmm, gotta think about this awhile. :hmm: I'm on the West Coast, but CA is still too far to drive, taking a dh with me, so the celebration party is definitely out. I'll have to look it all over again tomorrow.

Raspberry, I don't think going to LA is mandatory. It said something whoever "can" be there, I think. I'll reread it.

I would LOOOVe to enter something like this, but sadly my skill level just isn't up to it! I can't wait to see what you guys enter, though, I just know a Greenleafer will win!

Nope, I mis-read, you are correct...

"Then in January there will be a gallery/party where everyone who can come to the LA area to show their house does so. "

I'll have to re-read her criteria. Does it have to be an actual house, as in people live there? Or could it be a place of business?

I don't think so...I think you can pick what you want...

"So the challenge is to decorate a dollhouse. You can buy one or make something that resembles a miniature space - it doesn't have to be a 'house' per say, it could be a loft or an industrial space or i'm trying to convince my boxing trainer to do a mini boxing gym. It can be conceptual or literal. Whatever you want. "

So this might end in spectacular disaster...but I have decided to make a modern loft apartment out of...an old Ikea shelving unit! I'm in the process of setting up a blog to keep track of progress. This will be my first time playing with actual power tools, albeit with the help of an experienced person (I'm going to have to detach, bisect, and re-attach a shelf to form the "loft") so hopefully I will not lose a finger to this challenge. ;)