2011 Spring Fling Contest Results

Mini Man

The 2011 Spring Fling Contest Results

This years Spring Fling contest was different than past years as we offered many options to personalize your projects. As usual, we sat in awe reviewing your entries and as usual, it seemed impossible to pick just three winners. Still, we pushed forward, but I again believe that you are all winners, so I'm sending out a gift to all entries which you can read about at the bottom of this post. In addition, there was a random "Luck of the Draw" winner who is also listed below. So with out further delay, I present you the winners of the 2011 Spring Fling Contest:

First Place - Congratulations Charlan !

charlan-2011.jpg

Charlan Wins a $500 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company and Re-names this Dollhouse! That's right, I'm happy to re-introduce you to one of our newest dollhouses, The Downhill Ski Shop! In addition to bragging rights, Charlan will get $500 to spend at will in the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Charlan and her sister, Kennie, brainstormed on ideas for the kit and decided early on to create a ski shop for the contest. Amazingly, this is her first completed dollhouse! Charlan wanted to emphasize that this project was a collaborative effort for beginning miniaturists.   While she took the lead building the dollhouse, the fixtures and furnishings, Kennie created the skis and ski poles, as well as the ski boots and other polymer clay accessories.  Charlan also reports that they had a great time working together on this project!

Second Place - Congratulations Jo Med!

jomed-2011.jpg

Jennifer Wins a $250 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Third Place - Congratulations otterine !

otterine-2011.jpg

otterine wins a $125 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Luck of the Draw - Congratulations Lauren!

Laurens entry was selected at random and she wins a $50 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store!

We truly enjoyed all 27 entries and I thank all who participated. All entries are available for viewing online in our Community Contests and Classes Gallery which you can visit here.

Hold on - Congratulations, everyones a winner!

win-2011.jpg

That's right, everyone who entered is going to get a quarter scale version of the Downhill Ski Shop! We scaled down this wonderful little house and put our new laser cutter to work so everyone can have a memento of this historic event! I hope everyone enjoys this house as much as we've enjoyed looking at you amazing projects!

And a Personal Thanks to the Judges

Big thanks to my big sister Lisa and Rick for a job well done!

Congratulations to the winners, and to all the entrants! Everybody did such an amazing job on this one - I don't know how the judges were able to decide. Thank you to Dean and Greenleaf for giving us this contest, and thank you to all the talented participants, for giving us such delectable eye-candy! :D

I just finished looking through the gallery of entries and must say I am blown away by the high levels of inspiration and execution. All this kit said to me was "English Pub" ... but others saw its real potential and ran with it. A houseboat? Wow!! Congratulations to all of the entrants. Winners all -- no doubt about it! :clap:

Wow, just caught up with the announcement - congratulations to Charlan, Brae and Lauren - oh and before I forget - Jennifer - lol

Thank you so much Greenleaf - off to check out the eye candy right now.

WOW!:yikes: Such amazing entries ALL, and a HUGE Congratulations to all of the winners! Truly, ALL who entered deserve a standing ovation for their hard work and VERY creative interpretations of this kit! I was simply blown away by how differently everyone saw this little beauty! :thumbup: WTG EVERYONE!!!:groupwave:

Congratulations to the winners, and to all the entrants! :banana: I'm away from home on limited wifi so will have to wait to drool over , I mean, peruse the gallery. I couldn't enter this year so I have to go see what everybody else did. :flowers: