what are the best websites?

i can find tons of doll furniture and accessories but am having a hard time finding things like fencing and magic stone. what are the best websites for actually building the dollhouse, finishes and the like? i'm so overwhelmed! i need flooring and carpet, wallpaper and lights, the list goes on! i'm sure you guys know where to go and i'd be so happy for some assistance. and i'm already an avid ebay user so i know about that. they are just a little sporadic. thanks ladies.

We have a lot of good sources with Forum members, too; Minis on the Edge, Carol/ spminiatures, Grazhina/ New England Miniatures, Dawn/ Dawn's Minis (especially for the Bromley stencils, which are reusable, unlike Majic Systems, whose templates are paper), among others.

I don't like wallpaper even in my own home so my walls are painted. As for flooring...... personally I go dumpster diving at local furniture/floor covering store. This is with their permission. Just found a wonderful piece of linoleum to put in my very long attic area. Yesterday found carpet strips. large one will go in front of my own real sink area. haha small piece might go somewhere in dollhouse. I did buy remnant piece of linoleum from them for my kitchen and pantry and a friend wants to buy the rest from me. I will give it to her though. I kept a linoleum sample I had brought home for when I turned my living room into bird room. It's now in the artists studio in dollhouse. You could ask if they have sample pieces. Some time ago they gave me a very long floor sampling piece which will be my porch floor.

Yard sales are opening up for the season so dig in toy boxes for goodies.. never know what you will find. I think I am working on 101 dalmations... in my mind I've designed their area including the train with doggies. fun fun I really need to get out my lumber and use skill saw to cut what I need instead of just planning in my head.

Check dollar stores for photo frames as in keyring sizes. My bbq pit is/was a magnet.

Think 'MINI' :-) good luck.

LindaC

Forgot to say you can make fencing with craft sticks/popsicle sticks..... I will find mine and take a photo. If I can't load here will put it in another album with link.

The fencing I made for my corral area (maybe you can find my gallery) is with dowels..... my late hubby was a building contractor and totally impressed enough to say I could do that outside somewhere for real property. hmmm don't think so.

back later......

LindaC

We've bought a lot off a site called dollhouse heaven. there are 3 more links on the bottom of the home page on dollhouse heaven that they also partner with. I found they had the most amount of wallpaper to choose from. The prices weren't too bad either. I looked on ebay but most on ebay were 3.99 per sheet and these were 2.50 per sheet.

Forgot to say you can make fencing with craft sticks/popsicle sticks..... I will find mine and take a photo. If I can't load here will put it in another album with link.

Finally found how to upload my fence photo for you........... it's in my gallery.

good luck.

Time for me to feed my birds and cut my 2 floors for extension so I can paint them... yayy a dollhouse time.

LindaC

• 2 years later...