Can you help w/2 cuts on Crown Moulding?

minifan

post-4934-1301666485_thumb.jpg

I have 2! cuts left...and then all the crown is cut for the bungalow...but I am doing something wrong or it just isn't coming to me...can you help with these two cuts? I need to cut the plain piece and the stained piece to fit together...(if you look at this image they are sitting against the "ceiling"...) I need them to form the right angle going down the stained piece...

P.S., neither of the cuts shown here are right... :idea:

I usually cut my crown moulding upside down. When you hold it up together the longest part of the cut should be on the bottom. It sounds odd, but that's how we did our RL crown moulding.

:idea: That's what it is in this image, (upside down...so it's laying on the ceiling...)

So the unstained piece should slope down?

Amanda, it looks to me like the stained piece needs to be cut with the longest point on the bottom when on the wall. It's hard to explain. It took me a while to figure it out, doing mine. Maybe put the unfinished piece next to where it's supposed to go, and then look at the other corner that is already done and you should be able to see how it's supposed to go. It's never easy with this type of cut. I wasted a lot of wood before getting it right.

If the second part of the picture is what you're trying to do, then the cuts need to be as the red lines are on the first part of the pic

THIS IS AWESOME!!! :wub:

Thank you all for your help, but honestly this picture is what saved me, I'm a visual person...I have to "see" it... :)