Michaels' Puzzle Houses

DorothyB

The previous thread on this is over 60 pages, so I took it upon myself to start it anew.

I went to my local Michaels store and found two of these. I had to ask several people working there before I found someone who knew where they were. In the "Fun Stuff" aisle. On sale for $6 apiece.

My grandchildren are coming Friday and the oldest is going to a kids' camp at my local miniature store. I figure we can work on these together with the younger ones to keep jealousy at a minimum.

Pictures to follow.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! Can't figure out how to delete the first two photos.

Fixed. And I closed the long old thread; people can continue the discussion here.

ARG! Ok this house is proving to be more challenging than I originally thought. Without instructions I am completly lost on where to put some of the smaller pieces (and some of the smaller "floors"). Had anyone built the Fantasy one that could help me out some?! I realize it is a puzzle but I couldn't get the dry fit to go together well and now I am unsure on where to start.

Tracy/ Minis on the Edge has built a beautiful Favtasy Villa. I thought there was a sheet that showed the parts by numbers, and you matched the parts with with the numbers to put them together. Maybe that was when Woodcraft made them. Maybe Creatology ripped off the Woodcraft designs, the way they apparently ripped off the Greenleaf designs.

The numbered schematic is on the back of the sheet of paper that comes with it. Follow them and it will turn out right. The simpler houses didn't need instructions. It was pretty clear what went where. but you need to follow the correct order with these new ones.

Yeah I noticed the numbering last night after I posted this. Then realized I can't read them. I will go home and fiddle with them again tonight. It better come out ok, I just got the other two designs as well. LOL I need more than an hour here and there to mess with it and maybe it wouldn't frustrate me so much. :-)

Kimberly, I used the picture more than anything putting mine together. it did take quite awhile to figure it all out, but it will go together. I couldn't see the numbers well enough to follow them, they are printed too small for me! :lol:

It might be a little easier to follow the pic if I could see the INSIDE as well to know if any of these smallish things are floor pieces. LOL Some of them are sort of self explanitory but some are not. Like on the two story tower pieces, a couple of them have larger slots than the other two. I am pretty sure that is because more than one tab slides in from somewhere else but I don't know where these two particular pieces go in the tower design. LOL I'll get it eventually.

I went to get my balsa wood and some little wood tools hubby told me to get.Now I actually have something to work with and some wood to work on.Even got a tiny mitre box.

I also bought one of those Creatology puzzle houses...I got the one that resembles the Tennyson.I know that I have read on here where they are difficult to work with,but the after pictures are lovely.I was wondering if the interior was set up sorta like the Tennyson?Does it even have stairs?Haven't seen an interior picture and there sure isn't one on the package. :)

No,I have no pictures...I have the first two houses but not the one that looks like the Tennyson- is that legal?? I think if I wanted a house like this I would buy the Tennyson.

Whatever...I haven't put any of them together yet-don't know what I'm waiting for.

Got mine from a puzzle co. from E-Bay.Cost more than Michael's I'm sure.LOL! :)

I bought the Fantasy house for my daughter to put together thinking it would be much easier for her than the coventry cottage she is working on, however it proved to be to much of a challenge for her!! I ended up putting it together for her, it only took me about two hours from start to finish. I first put it together in dry fit then I took it apart and glued it as I put it back together, it was very straight forward not hard at all. The directions or lack there of were useless to me, so I just used the picture on the front as a reference and I found that made it easier. It is very much like putting a puzzle together so if you are a person who enjoys the challenge of a good puzzle you will love this, however if you don't like puzzles this is not the house for you!! Oh, by the way the house is very cute when finished, well worth the money!! I am heading to Michael's later today and intend on buying this one for myself as well as the other two they have there, I very much enjoyed this project!! I will take pictures of the finished product later today, we did find, however that much of the furniture set that goes with the houses is not proper scale there for does not fit which frustrated my daughter imensley!! If you are good at building your own furniture you could probably bash the set to fit!! :)

Realizing that I have no design aesthetic, when I bought paint yesterday (2 oz for 50 cents), I bought a variety of bright colors and used them to paint a rather waild palette. My husband took one look and said, "I need guidance. Do I like it or not?"

post-5594-1281829867.png