Creatology Dollhouse Puzzle... SOLVED! :P

kandykidsaturn

So, I saw the dollhouse puzzles at my local Michaels store, and couldn't resist. Actually, my dad was with me and he was kind enough to buy them for me. They are actually really cool for 10 dollars!! They have little stairs and everything. Although, the instructions are really, REALLY lacking. Here are a couple of pictures. I hadn't put the chimney or the little window eaves over the windows yet. There are also window "frames" that go around each of the windows. I'm going to make it a fairy house. :p

36858_591786713088_56706622_33892065_6780008_n.jpg36858_591786718078_56706622_33892066_4662487_n.jpg

36858_591786718078_56706622_33892066_4662487_n.jpg

(a) very nice!

( :roflmao: how do you post pictures that are so big? Mine always get reduced to mini size!

They are supposed to be reduced -- I'm surprised these posted. They must be just under the wire for maximum size. If you go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

you can get a free program to automatically resize your photos. :p It's pretty cool.

Oops! forgot to comment on the houses! I had never heard of those puzzle houses until quite recently. They look pretty good. Did you get more than one?

i've seen these on ebay here in aus...been tempted to get one...looks like it would scrub up just fine with a bit of extra trim :p i believe they are 1/24th?

Bamboo skewers make nice fillers for gaps between the wall sections in bays, and you can always cover them with spackle. There are a few threads in this subforum describing other members' builds of these puzzle houses.

Oh that's great to know, thanks for the info! About the other builds!

Linda - If you don't want to pay the outrageous costs they are charging on amazon (they are going for about 40 USD on my amazon, and I can get them for like 10 USD!) I can get one and ship it to you for the cost of the product and shipping! :p

• 1 month later...

I am doing the Fantasy Dollhouse from Creatology and it has become known as the Romeo and Juliet house because of the colors I have in mind for it. Very soft and romantic. Yours came out wonderful and will be an AWESOME fairy house! Post finished pictures when you can!

I bought one of the Creatology furniture sets for my daughter at Micheals last Saturday but I didn't see any of the puzzle houses hmmm I wish I had because I would have bought her one of those as well. I must look again when I'm in town this weekend, she would absolutely love one of these houses, she is finding the coventry cottage to hard and time consuming she is just not quite ready for the time and patience it takes to put together a Greenleaf house just yet!! When I brought home the furniture set she was so excited and she sat down and built the entire set in a matter of hours, it would be so nice to have a house to go with it, they are perfect size for her Polly Pockets!!!!

Megan yours looks great, it will make a cute fairy house!!

I bought the furniture as well and have been putting it together little by little (have to decide how I want it you know lol). I have found that some of the furniture won't fit the house well, it is too big. Even though it is supposed to be the same scale as the dollhouse it isn't really. Some bashing of the furniture may be necessary. But otherwise, it is an awesome way to get a house and furniture for a lower cost. I am loving mine (except the fantasy dollhouse is going to make me toss it out the window at this rate).

I was wondering whether you had glued it yet! I built two puzzle houses last summer and figured out you have to paper and paint before you put it together because its so small inside. You did a good job putting it together.

I failed to dry fit that one and it was a mess after I papered. I bought both of them on sale for $3 this week and will try again.

I painted / wallpapered mine after I put it together. I like to make my wallpaper go around the corners to hide gaps and you can't do that if you paper before assembly. (I always wallpaper and paint my houses after I put them together, though -- for whatever reason it's less intimidating to me than finishing all those unassembled pieces..)

Yes Thats why the one I did this year like this one didn't work out. There were too many pieces to get the paper on right with the patterns and corners. Also mine buckled a bit from the paint. They dont like to be too wet.

The ones last year did not do that. I guess they are getting cheaper! IF I make the Fantasy Villa one I am going to assemble it first and maybe just paint the outside....still thinking about it.

You can prime before assembly, I marked all the adjoining edges by drawing lines along the dorners when the houses were in dry fit and then masked the edges & tabs and primed the ceilings & walls. It makes it so much easier to paint/ paper once the shell's tobether.

Yeah, I want to do the villa... alas, the Fairfield is calling my name when I finish this house (Beacon Hill). I wanna try the smaller scale. But, with work and school starting back up, I probably won't have tons of time to do my beloved house. :D