Best kits for larger rooms?

Windsor

Can someone give me some advice as to what dollhouse kit is best for larger rooms? I really like the beacon hill but the rooms seem very small and narrow, or maybe it just looks that way in the picture? (wishful thinking :lol: ) The Willow seems like a good candidate except theres no hallway and I think if I add one id have the same problem with narrow rooms. Anyway ive seen several kits I really like but I cant just cant decide on what one best and im going crazy because of it! Help please. :yes:

Im working on my Beacon Hill right now,and I think the rooms are huge! The living room is gi~normous,the only small room is the second floor left,but its charmingly small,probably supposed to be a bathroom,and how large do you want a bathroom to be? And the hallway is to die for,I love it! But it is killing me,Im going on three weeks and still working on the hallway;)

The Willow has super size rooms. The second floor does have a hallway. The staircase in the livingroom doesn't take away on it's size. I also have the Beacon, it has good size rooms except for the kitchen. I solved this by pulling out the window sill further to the outside, and I did get a full size kitchen set in there. The extra inch made all the difference.

the RGT Lincoln house has very big rooms. There are only 4, but big upstairs/downstairs hallways. The rooms are fairly large.

Not sure HOW big is 'big' to you, but I crammed alot of furniture into my Westville and Glencroft houses. The Westville also has a big attic for storing the off season Christmas tree and old extra furniture

I was thinking about the lincoln, its a bit out of my budget of $300.00 though.. As far what I mean by big rooms, I like to see rooms that are wider then they are tall..sort of a pep peeve of mine.

For large rooms the Harrison is perfect! The rooms in the Harrison have moveable partitions so you can customize them. But the Beacon Hill and Garfield have very large rooms as well. True the BH has a smallish kitchen, but you can enlarge and add on to it for a large kitchen and make the current kitchen a dining room. There are many ways to add on to the BH, and it's a grand dame in it's own right! But if you want BIG, get the Harrison!

As far what I mean by big rooms, I like to see rooms that are wider then they are tall..sort of a pep peeve of mine.

It's interesting to hear how other people view proportion. I'm planning to make the Beacon Hill into a New Orleans mansion and will be adding an inch or two to the ground floor to make the rooms taller. High ceilings is a feature of these homes. It gave a place for hot air to rise and keep the occupied part of the room relatively cooler. :lol:

I too am starting on the BH soon..... We are going to add on a 12" room which will be the kitchen 9" across and the other three inches will be added to the present kitchen making that the dining room. The hallway then will be a foyer/office, and the living room - ah the living room - will be elegance personified!

will be is covered with a full awning with a french door opening into the room above the now kitchen - making that a salon sitting room. So you can do much with the house indeed!

I was going to suggest the harrison or the willow.

It depends on what you are looking for. Of course a larer house is going to have larger rooms, or just more smaller room. You can move or eliminate walls in almost any house or put an addition on.

The Magnolia has rooms large enough that I bashed one upstairs room into a children's bedroom AND bathroom, without adding a thing except a hinged wall. The Westville, as someone mentioned, also has lovely BIG rooms. And several of the Pierce's rooms appear to be a nice size.