Atlanta Miniature Show (NAME)

KathieB

I just booked tickets to Atlanta. I'll be visiting my sister for several days and persuaded her to come to the Atlanta Miniature Society's show with me. Has anyone been to this show? Anyone planning to go? Would love to meet up with more GL Forum members ... and maybe we'll have our new T-shirts to wear??

I just checked to see if there are workshops available. Apparently not.

Click here for details.

Hey ... you suppose we could visit Ernie while we're in the area? :p

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked with DH this morning about attending. If nothing bigger than a shoe lace breaks, we'll be there. WOOHOO. Now I just have to figure out how to get there and find out about the rest.

I really want to go, but I cannot say for sure yet.

Do I need to get advance tix?

Tickets can be bought at the door. $5

Talked with DH this morning about attending. If nothing bigger than a shoe lace breaks, we'll be there. WOOHOO. Now I just have to figure out how to get there and find out about the rest.

Click on the link in the first post for details. There is a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn with a phone number to call for reservations. No prices posted.

Last year Peggi & I attended on Sautrday & got there when they opened the doors; last time I saw her we thought that was a good plan for this year.

I hope we can all work this out to meet!

Being at the door when it opens sounds like a good plan. What do y'all think about meeting someplace for breakfast around 8:30? Holly, Peggi ... do you recall a restaurant nearby that would give 6-8 people a good place to gather and would let us linger to chat?

Tee Shirts? Did I miss something? :blink:

Annie in Kansas (fantail) is working on tees. Topic thread HERE.

BTW, I was feeling a bit guilty about leaving Lloyd home for a week while I'm off having fun, but those feelings are abating rather quickly. :D Besides, somebody has to stay home with the kids.

Holly, Peggi ... do you recall a restaurant nearby that would give 6-8 people a good place to gather and would let us linger to chat?
No, DH & I ate breakfast before we went over to Peggi's. Last year they had box lunches and we sat out in the courtyard eating them. I don't even recall if the HI had a restaurant, although I'm sure they do. Maybe Peggi's memory will be better.

I would love to go to it. I have never been able to go to one because something

always came up while I was living in Denver a couple of years ago.

Does any one know if they have them in Louisiana or Arkansas?

Tracy, save enough fun money for breakfast and the entry fee. It's worth going just to soak in all of the wonderful inspiration that floats around at shows, even if you don't buy anything. And you'll get to meet some Forum Folks and we'll get to meet you! :)

Last year Peggi & I attended on Sautrday & got there when they opened the doors; last time I saw her we thought that was a good plan for this year.

I hope we can all work this out to meet!

The good Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise, this is still the plan. Looking forward to meeting each of you.

The on/off button my my broom has stopped working, so I won't be flying to the show after all! Besides that, the baggage compartment has lost it's door.........

You will be missed. Would love to meet the creator of my beautiful maid.

The on/off button my my broom has stopped working, so I won't be flying to the show after all! Besides that, the baggage compartment has lost it's door.........
How about one of those sporty-looking Dysons? Darn it, I wish you could come!

Sorry, the Dyson is full right now....but it would be a dandy sub for my broom! It too has an on/off switch, and that big clear tube holds lots of things......it even has power steering!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close to show time ... :p

I went through the above posts and pulled out this list of people who have expressed interest in attending and marked the ones who are planning to attend. We need to start assembling a head count for breakfast on Saturday. Gayle and her husband will be staying in the hotel (Holiday Inn, where the show is to be held) and will organize a meeting place for us in the hotel restaurant at 8:30 am Saturday. Be sure to indicate how many for breakfast. Dunno if spouses want to join the chatter or have a support group table of their own ... lol

Will be there:

KathieB (+ sister Helen)

havanaholly (spouse?)

Peggi (spouse?)

Gayle (+ spouse)

On the fence:

vertigokitten/Alli

TinyJudi/Judi

bluebear/Tracy