My San Fransciscan

SimplyVictoria

Hi everyone - I posted my newcomer info in the welcome forum already. (Thanks for all the nice welcomes!)

I just wanted to post pictures of my San Franscican dollhouse taken a week or so after my DH purchased it for me off Craigslist in January as well as the pics showing my remodel. I know the "new" look of the SF takes away from the original design but this was my first time to do a remodel and I'm happy with the look. I do plan to expand the front porch and 2nd floor walk sometime in the future.

post-3247-1214354745_thumb.jpgpost-3247-1214354766_thumb.jpgpost-3247-1214354913_thumb.jpgpost-3247-1214355121_thumb.jpg

Victoria

(Edited to change position of pics.)

I know the "new" look of the SF takes away from the original design but this was my first time to do a remodel and I'm happy with the look.

It's your house so you are the only one you have to please :) That said, I think it looks like you're off to a wonderful start... it's lovely!! Keep having fun!

I know the "new" look of the SF takes away from the original design but this was my first time to do a remodel and I'm happy with the look.

It's your house so you are the only one you have to please :) That said, I think it looks like you're off to a wonderful start... it's lovely!! Keep having fun!

I agree!

Lisa R.

Your house looks wonderful.!!

I am also currently working on a San Fran... and it is going thru a major rehabb and sorta a bash as well.! I am enjoying this rehab... this house was in horrible condition. I am having a tough time with it ... windows are missing... doors are horrible looking and so much more... but it will be worth it in the long run.!

Kelly

Victoria,

Your San Francisco looks great! Both before and after! I like the new look as much as the old. It really breathes new life into the house and does give it a completely different look. The new look is refreshing and really takes on a whole new personality.

Did you replace the trim around the bay windows then stain them or did you sand them down and stain them? The paint job is really great!

Thanks for all the comments!

Christine, the glue the builder used on the trim was like cement and I finally came to the point that I was afraid I would actually rip the dollhouse apart trying to get it off. Sooo, I purchased some small woodworking trim from a local crafts supply store and attached it over the previous trim. I do wish I had gone with a smaller trim but then, it may not have covered the existing trim, which, was clued lopsided in most areas.

The window trim I left the same but made little canopies to cover the uneven trim jobs at the top of the window inserts.

I want to put some kind of gingerbread trim on the top eave but haven't found anything I like yet. I like the designs of the laser cutwork but it just doesn't seem to "fit" -- if that makes any sense at all.

Victoria