I love my Westville!

ilovecats

I love the Westville!!! It's just the cutest house!

I'm making progress on mine, just put 3 coats of paint on it today!!!!! i really had a peach color or soft rose in mind for it....however i don't have either colors of paint so i went with the color i used on my Ponderosa. I think i like it :p

i'll be working on the interior soon :huh: made a couple of modifications to the interior, hope it comes out okay. i'll try to take photos sometime this week. :D i need to get the ceilings done then i can get to the wallpaper! I love that part of decorating. i love the transformation that wallpaper brings to a house!

Ahhh, soooo happy to see the pics Marg, the colour is looking great, reminds me of the colour Her Highness wanted as one of her colours...

Hugs and thanks for sharing the pics, started to turn a little blue holding my breath in antecipation :banana:

Hugs

It is looking great! I also like the siding detail. One forgets that there are other alternates to clapboard :)

I cannot wait to get into my Westville. I still do not have a clear picture in my head however except that it will be my Christmas house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kinda bummed, thought i'd make major progress today. Got the wallpaper up and started laying the wood floors. I decided i'd better get the staircase together and installed so that i can work on the first floor flooring. (i have modified my Westville and turned my staircase sideways)...so anyway, got the staircase put together and realized i will have to make a partial wall in the kitchen and a partial wall in the living room. oops. why i didn't think that one thru....so now i've lost my desire to work on the house today. i need to design something that won't block my views into the room. i know if i work on this, i won't get back to working on my flooring today anyway so i'm not really up to doing anything else with the house today. I decided to take a lunch break and decide what i want to do for the rest of the day. i have so much i need to get done around here. I'd rather do something fun tho :)

The house is looking good tho! starting to look like a house inside! no photos today, batteries need to be charged.

• 2 weeks later...
i love that shade of pink! I have the westville too... and i was thinking about pink but then I didnt want it to look too "girly". But very well done! :wave:

Thanks Eneia :)

Have you started yours yet?

Well I finally spent a couple of hours today installing interior trim. I felt like i was doing to much so I stopped for the day (surgery last week). Anyway it's coming along well. The interior is almost completed.

I still need to:

finish installing interior trim

install porch foundation

paint all exterior trim and shutters

complete foundation (not sure what i'm doing with that yet)

install shingles

finish porch floor

install all exterior trim and shingles

That should be it! :wave:

No photos, batteries are still dead in camera and I want to at least complete the interior before i take photos :)

Well, got the 3rd and final coat of paint on the exterior trim. I'm not a fan of painting trim, my least favorite part of doing a house. Anyway today I did the exterior trim paint and polyurethaned the wood flooring X 1 coat. Tomorrow I need to get the foundation completed. I never leave that til last, so it's driving me crazy that it's not done yet. I've had different ideas on how to finish it off but i think i'll take the quick and easy route and just paint it.

Things left to do:

shingle roof

foundation

install exterior trim

porch flooring

a few last bits of inside stained trim

1 or 2 more coats of polyurethane on the wood floor

Getting closer to finishing this house! Maybe by the weekend it will be complete

Getting closer to finishing this house! Maybe by the weekend it will be complete

Sounds like you are doing great progress Marg, both with theh house but also feeling better?

Looking forward to seeing more pics later on then! You know I love the eye candy!!!!

Hugs

I'll take photos soon :) I still need to recharge my camera batteries. I don't know why i'm being so pokey about that, it doesn't take long to charge them up. Just haven't been motivated i guess.

Yes, slowly getting better. :D I'm not sleeping as much, which is good but i sure get drowsy. I'm half tempted to go back to bed now for a couple of hours. lol. I can do more bending, just slowly. I can sit straight up in a chair for longer periods of time. The pain is not as bad, more like bad cramps if I don't keep up with the motrin. So I still have approximately 3 weeks left before I go back to work. I hope some significant improvements in healing happen during that time!