bummed!!!

ilovecats

I recently purchased a replacement blade for my easy cutter cuz it truly needs a new one. I tried to change it out today....got the retangular pin piece removed but i still can't remove the blade because of the pin/thingie thingie holding it in place. so i gave up...now i can't get the easy cutter put back together. it just won't fit back together and the little blade lock thingie (not the pin, the lock that you use when you are finished using the tool)...anyway that thingie keeps getting in the way no matter which way i do it. something is not right.

I don't want to injure myself trying to put this back together. can't use it anyway the blade is so dull it's crushing my wood when i try to cut. I don't know what i did to it...it was straight forward taking it apart.

I guess i'll have to buy a new one. i don't feel too terrible about it cuz andrew got this one on clearance a long time ago...that craft store is now closed down so i can't go back for another. the disgusting part is that i'm in the middle of a project that requires much use of the easy cutter and this is a major inconvenience. I just had to try to use my miter box and it slowed me down considerably, plus the cut isn't as clean. I don't get paid til friday so i can't order one. Hobby lobby carries an easy cutter but it has a fence on it and i don't want the type with a fence. soooo....it's probably DeJoux and this could take a couple of weeks to get after i place my order. think i'll hunt around on ebay and see what i can find....stilll.....don't get paid 'til friday....booo hoooo. guess that house will go on the back burner again. ....well maybe on friday i can start priming my Foxhall so i can get it tape wired. Sigh.

i don't have mine in front of me, but i know when i first got it and my blade fell out i had a similar sounding problem. it turned out that i had somehow turned everything backwards. all i needed to do was spin it all back again.

forgive all lower case, i'm holding onto the phone waiting...............

I have not had good luck with the Easy Cutter. It worked well to start, but then when it needed a new blade, the new blade refused to attach properly. I fussed with for a while and then just gave up and tossed it. I decided never to buy another because since then I have heard similar problems from others.

:p

Marg, I bought two replacement blades and asked DH to replace the old blade for me. I stood there and watched him do it and when it was done, I asked him how do they expect an old lady to be able to do that. I could not have done it, so I totally understand how you feel. It does work great now with the new blade.

I got mine on sale from Micro-Mark so long ago I forgot where I put the extra blade I bought with it! Mine is still whacking along, sharp as ever. I only cut wood with it, no MDF or plastic (my hands just aren't that strong!)

For future reference I just happened to still have the packaging mine came (dont ask lol) and there is a web site listed on it:

www.midwestproducts.com

worth a shot to send them an e-mail or call and see if you can get some help putting the other one back together.

Midwest Products Co., Inc.

400 S. Indiana St.

P.O. Box 564

Hobart, IN 46342

Phone: (800) 348-3497 / (219) 942-1134

Fax: (219) 947-2347

E-mail: customerservice@midwestproducts.com

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm CST

Well Andrew worked on it and with some difficulty replaced the blade and got it back together. I was sick and went to bed...i heard the banging going on...lol...

Anyway, he said that it's crooked and can't be fixed...so in the trash it went. I wish that i had tried to sharpen the blade initially but ah well. I got my moneys worth use out of it and more so i'm not mad. I'll just wait for my new one to arrive.