The White Rose
Yesterday was spackle mess day. Besides using the stuff to grout the brick (see next image) I went over the house looking for all the cracks and crevices that needed to be filled. The buildups along the roof and brow line were a composite I created from mini lumber and molding. The molding is a Houseworks product which has a groove cut at the 90 degree corner to allow wires to be run behind it when used inside as crown molding. This created a gap that ran along the entire edge of both of these assemblies, so I needed to fill it, like I had already done on the one on the kitchen bay. Also, due to the slanted Mansard roof, a gap was created where the roof met the buildup at the brow line. As I was puzzling with my shingle issue, I decided to just fill it while I was doing this clean up. Of course, I got spackle all over me and little crumbles and dust everywhere!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.