Yesterday was spackle mess day. Besides using the stuff to grout the brick (see next image) I went over the house looking for all the cracks and crevices that needed to be filled. The buildups along the roof and brow line were a composite I created from mini lumber and molding. The molding is a Houseworks product which has a groove cut at the 90 degree corner to allow wires to be run behind it when used inside as crown molding. This created a gap that ran along the entire edge of both of these assemblies, so I needed to fill it, like I had already done on the one on the kitchen bay. Also, due to the slanted Mansard roof, a gap was created where the roof met the buildup at the brow line. As I was puzzling with my shingle issue, I decided to just fill it while I was doing this clean up. Of course, I got spackle all over me and little crumbles and dust everywhere!