Jump to content



Well, when I got home from work last night, all set to spend 3-4 hours working on this project, I discovered that I had forgotten I had to take the daughter to ballet.

Ok... drop everything.

So now... I'm down to about 2 hours after we get back.

First step --> Foundation

Ok... so I get my parts for the foundation. Tongue and groove right? Maybe Snap together? Well surely if not that then it's gotta have pegs or something... right???



Glue ya say?

You mean I'm supposed to glue this thing together? What is this... art class? Glue ain't gonna hold this thing. Well... screw that. I'm nailing this sucker together. It is a toy for a six year old after all...




Ok... so glue it is!

I ran into a bit of a problem with my foundation boards wanting to split. First I tried using 1.5" finishing nails, and one split bad (see photo). Then I tried using the 3/4" brad nails that came with the kit, but they weren't really long enough to do anything for the foundation. So finally I found some 1" finishing nails I had stashed away and the result varied. A couple more splits but most did not.

From the album:

Victoria's Farmhouse Construction

· 12 images
  • 12 images
  • 3 image comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...