We sure did spread a lot of paint! We primed the main house pieces, and Mollie chose the colors for her house. She liked some of the paint we had left over from painting our real house, which helped a lot. Her mom has sunflowers all over her kitchen/family room, so Mollie thought the yellow would be good for the outside of the house. We're just painting, not trying for any kind of special siding effects.
We also sorted the window pieces into piles by color and started sanding. She lost interest pretty quickly after breaking a piece, so I excused her to visit with the girls. Some of those pieces are pretty delicate, and I didn't want her discouraged early on, so I finished the sanding after she went home. I'm going to paint them before she comes back on Thursday, so we can get to the assembly and wallpapering, which I'm sure she'll like doing.