Jump to content
Fairfield Master Bedroom.jpg
 

Fairfield Master Bedroom.jpg


Call Me Crazy
 Share

  • Like 5

From the album:

DV's Fairfield

  • 153 images
  • 15 comments
  • 425 image comments

Photo Information for Fairfield Master Bedroom.jpg

 Share


Recommended Comments

15 hours ago, Keifer said:

Ok...I thought this was good when I assumed it was 1/12th scale, now that I see its half scale...Wow!

Thanks!  I love half scale - it's big enough to get great details and small enough to be manageable. 

Link to comment

Your Fairfield looks absolutely stunning! My upcoming house is going to be the Fairfield and I have to say I’m a bit nervous dropping down to half scale. I’ll definitely use your picture for inspiration.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Graham said:

Your Fairfield looks absolutely stunning! My upcoming house is going to be the Fairfield and I have to say I’m a bit nervous dropping down to half scale. I’ll definitely use your picture for inspiration.

Thanks very much!   I love half scale and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions while building your Fairfield.  Please post lots of photos of your progress too!   

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This is so beautiful! I am just starting my Fairfield … well, trying to start. I’ve heard so many horror stories about this one I’m reading everything I can! I am nervous. Hahaha.  I’m just popping out and labeling my pieces. Do you recommend sanding and sealing everything before starting? I’m curious if I need to primer all the pieces! 
I was thinking 

1. Sand

2. prime/seal

3. dry fit

4 Paint — add siding

5. assemble!

6. Electrify (planning on tape strips, aim for the sky lol) 

then wallpaper and flooring? Any tips would be appreciated!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Jscott said:

This is so beautiful! I am just starting my Fairfield … well, trying to start. I’ve heard so many horror stories about this one I’m reading everything I can! I am nervous. Hahaha.  I’m just popping out and labeling my pieces. Do you recommend sanding and sealing everything before starting? I’m curious if I need to primer all the pieces! 
I was thinking 

1. Sand

2. prime/seal

3. dry fit

4 Paint — add siding

5. assemble!

6. Electrify (planning on tape strips, aim for the sky lol) 

then wallpaper and flooring? Any tips would be appreciated!! 

Hi there!  My initial advice is to take your time.  If you plan on staining any of the wood, you don't want to seal it.  Even thin layers of paint can effect how pieces fit, so be careful.  A light sanding is a good idea since the wood is very splintery.  Some people smush spackle or wood filler into the edges to fill voids, especially for trim pieces.  Thin coats of paint, lightly sanding between coats, gives the best finish.

Some areas will need to be finished before assembly, so dry fit early and often while planning out how you want it to look.  If you're going to electrify, plan that out during the dry fit stage too. 

I found it easier to wallpaper most walls first, before assembly.  Flooring was glued to cardstock templates and installed later.

I added my siding after the shell was built.  It might effect how walls fit together if you add it before assembly.

Good luck and have fun! 

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Call Me Crazy said:

Hi there!  My initial advice is to take your time.  If you plan on staining any of the wood, you don't want to seal it.  Even thin layers of paint can effect how pieces fit, so be careful.  A light sanding is a good idea since the wood is very splintery.  Some people smush spackle or wood filler into the edges to fill voids, especially for trim pieces.  Thin coats of paint, lightly sanding between coats, gives the best finish.

Some areas will need to be finished before assembly, so dry fit early and often while planning out how you want it to look.  If you're going to electrify, plan that out during the dry fit stage too. 

I found it easier to wallpaper most walls first, before assembly.  Flooring was glued to cardstock templates and installed later.

I added my siding after the shell was built.  It might effect how walls fit together if you add it before assembly.

Good luck and have fun! 

Thank you so much! Everyone here has been so nice and encouraging. It makes this all even more fun.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...