I switched from working on the basement to working on tree foliage today. I recently raided my local Spotlight (for US readers, think cheap homewares/fabric/craft store combined). I found some plastic foliage sprays that I thought might be kind of in scale for leaves for the San Franciscan tree. I deconstructed the sprays into "branches" of leaves. They were overly forest green so I sprayed them with some more subtle shades before testing them out on the tree. More work needed by I think they might be satisfactory in the end.
The tenant is trying to catch/tease Skittle the Squirrel.... but he's to speedy for that caper.