The windows for regular dollhouses were too large for the shadowbox. Plus, they stuck out too far. I could have bought some fake windows, but decided to try making my own.
Jodi had sent me both the camera (and don't the photos here look wonderful - all that's lacking is skill on my part) and some window and door trim (thank you, thank you!!!!). I took the window and door trim and cut it into sides and top. Along the bottom I just put more trim.
For the inside, I used the millions of mullions I had from who knows where and simply cut them to fit on the inside of the window. No way was I going to mess around trying to glue them in, so they all got cut just a shade longer than they should have been and gently forced into place so they would stay. Once this was done, I stained and painted and finished the windows.
I was a little careless with the glue because I wasn't sure how these would turn out. The previous windows I had made looked like picture frames. So there are spots of glue on these windows. I could have been more careful, I suppose.
After the windows were finished, I found a city scape (of San Francisco - rent controlled apartment) and Lisa printed out three copies of the picture. I then cut three different pictures of different perspectives of the city and then cut a piece of thin transparency to go over the tops, to make them look like they had glass (of course, now I have too much reflection off the "glass").
Then I finally glued them in, only to despair about them looking crooked on the walls because of that warped wood. Oh, well, there have been a couple of large earthquakes in San Francisco.
My graateful thanks to Jodi and Lisa, without whom I wouldn't have these windows.