Jump to content
Rustic Candelabra
 

Rustic Candelabra



So here it is with a first coat of paint (Americana Chalk Paint in "Rustic" of course. :D )

I dropped it while I was painting and it went flying across the room. It broke apart in three places and didn't go back together as well due to the arms being too heavy while the glue was drying... So, now it's a bit wonky. Good thing I wanted rustic.. lol

Not sure what to do with if from here. I was thinking I was going to paint it Chalk white and then rub it off here and there for a shabby look but now I'm indecisive. 

Thoughts?

Now what do I do for candles?!?

  • Like 2

From the album:

Mini Furniture Rehabs & Builds

  • 42 images
  • 0 comments
  • 139 image comments

Photo Information for Rustic Candelabra

Taken with Apple iPhone 5

  • 4.1 mm
  • 1/20
  • f f/2.4
  • ISO 320
View all photo EXIF information

Recommended Comments

You can just say that the home owner found it broken in their grandmother's shed and decided to try to fix it up :D

What about doing a green patina finish on it? You know like when copper turns green? That might look cool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, SewMini said:

You can just say that the home owner found it broken in their grandmother's shed and decided to try to fix it up :D

What about doing a green patina finish on it? You know like when copper turns green? That might look cool.

Oh, that's exactly what happened.. :D

 

Yes, I'd like to do a verdigris on it but have no idea how to achieve that effect. It's a chalky green several shades & even with some white in it too so... I'm not sure my painting skills extend to that.. lol

Kind of like the colours on this can.

Related image

  • Like 1
Link to comment

If you check out painting model minis (like the dungeons and dragons type models), they have some good tutorials for verdigris.  For candles, you can use translucent Fimo rolled around a fine thread.  By the way, I don't see anything wonky in the chandelier.  I think it looks great!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

If you check out painting model minis (like the dungeons and dragons type models), they have some good tutorials for verdigris.  For candles, you can use translucent Fimo rolled around a fine thread.  By the way, I don't see anything wonky in the chandelier.  I think it looks great!

Thanks for the tips Debra, I've been looking up tut's and I think I might be able to pull it off, but I'll need to get some turquoise paint. :)

I'm definitely going to try your candle idea also. And, well... I photographed it from it's good side. :D

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Wow this is so beautiful!!!! Fantastic combo of beads and wood components, amazing work! :clap:

I love the idea of aging it too, there are acrylic metalic colors that you can use to get that effect, I think I had at some point that extact color of green you linked. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Just an idea, you could use old birthday cake candles. Just cut them to the length you want. I had some old ones laying around and I used them in some candle sticks I made awhile back. Might or might not work for you and what you have in mind.

Very nice candelabra. Nice work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, wormwoodz said:

Wow this is so beautiful!!!! Fantastic combo of beads and wood components, amazing work! :clap:

I love the idea of aging it too, there are acrylic metalic colors that you can use to get that effect, I think I had at some point that extact color of green you linked. 

Thank you Ashley. :D

It was pretty fiddly work, I can't imagine trying to do it in 1:24!:fear: I'm have no idea how you have the patience AND steady hand,to make the things you do! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CraftyMtnMom said:

Just an idea, you could use old birthday cake candles. Just cut them to the length you want. I had some old ones laying around and I used them in some candle sticks I made awhile back. Might or might not work for you and what you have in mind.

Very nice candelabra. Nice work.

This is a good idea... They might be just the right thickness for a chunky candle. I'll go and have a rummage around, I think I might have some at the back of the junk drawer. If I cut down the lenght they may work. 

Thank you! :D

 

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Thank you Ashley. :D

It was pretty fiddly work, I can't imagine trying to do it in 1:24!:fear: I'm have no idea how you have the patience AND steady hand,to make the things you do! 

Oh my patience burns out very often too, I just take long breaks and work on something else hehe :headhurts:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...