Jump to content
Destroyed First Floor Effort
 

Destroyed First Floor Effort


dkumpula
 Share


This was my attempt at using leftover 1/16" wood siding strips as a floor after a disaster post installation.  Although everything was going well and the floor was all glued in place, I got the "bright idea" to fill in a couple gaps with spackle / drywall mud.  It was a dumb idea!  The stuff got stuck in the wood grain and looked terrible.  I attempted to sand it out, but that just made the wood strips so thin that they started to bow and come detached.  I'm going to have to gut this entire floor and start over.  Oh, well, lesson learned.

From the album:

My First Build: The Beacon Hill

  • 120 images
  • 0 comments
  • 109 image comments

Photo Information for Destroyed First Floor Effort

Taken with Apple iPhone 7 Plus

  • 4 mm
  • 1/15
  • f f/1.8
  • ISO 64
View all photo EXIF information
 Share


Recommended Comments

The floor was lovely. Sometimes it's difficult to stop ourselves from doing one thing too many, but lesson learned, we move on.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...