Yesterday and today I put the little skinny pieces outside the main framework. It sure was a lot of work! There are some pieces I will have to adjust, because even after hours of trying to get everything straight there are a lot of crooked ones.
It was almost impossible to clamp most of this, I used a combination of masking tape, clothespins, and little bar clamps. Whatever worked best on each section. There are still three clothespins clamping some of the corners. I'm beginning to think I'll never get it all straight, but I've got to try!
Some of the parts look darker than others. It's because the outside edges of some will show after the house is finished, so I stained some of those, while other things were drying. Other parts of this just look dark because of the lighting. It's pretty dark in here, so parts of this were in shadow.
Most of this framework will never be seen.